Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and will be picking up my new QX60 next week. I had a 2012 FX35, but with a growing family, I needed to upgrade to a bigger vehicle.

On the FX, the CAI was not worth the money as the motor actually lost power and mpg did not show any improvements. So I just did the drop in filters from K&N.

I found this intake for the QX60: 2015 Infiniti QX60 3.5L V6 Cold Air Intake

but have not found any posts discussing whether or not it is worth it. K&N claims 7hp gain, which is nice, but I am also curious about the mpg and sound difference..

I expect it to be louder and I am ok with that, but is there any gain to mpg?

Has anyone here installed this?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
When I had my 3.7, I installed it, yes it was a little louder, but gains nothing to speak of, it's not worth the money, I proved to them, they made me crush the intake and refunded my money.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,955 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and will be picking up my new QX60 next week. I had a 2012 FX35, but with a growing family, I needed to upgrade to a bigger vehicle.

On the FX, the CAI was not worth the money as the motor actually lost power and mpg did not show any improvements. So I just did the drop in filters from K&N.

I found this intake for the QX60: 2015 Infiniti QX60 3.5L V6 Cold Air Intake

but have not found any posts discussing whether or not it is worth it. K&N claims 7hp gain, which is nice, but I am also curious about the mpg and sound difference..

I expect it to be louder and I am ok with that, but is there any gain to mpg?

Has anyone here installed this?

Try a QX60 forum?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts