Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea if keeping the stock mid pipe with test pipes , aftermarket y pipe and the Infiniti axle back would cause major rasp due to the stock mid pipe ?

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
2,040 Posts
3.7 NA or 3.0t?

I say all or nothing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have AMS LDP's and Infiniti resonated Helmholtz axle back and stock in between. It is loud, but zero drone. Sometimes it is too loud, and I wish it was quieter. In a parking garage or tunnel is nutz. I think I'll too old for the volume!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have AMS LDP's and Infiniti resonated Helmholtz axle back and stock in between. It is loud, but zero drone. Sometimes it is too loud, and I wish it was quieter. In a parking garage or tunnel is nutz. I think I'll too old for the volume!
I’m looking for zero drone and close to stock decibels. I just ordered Megan ldp and y pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
I’m looking for zero drone and close to stock decibels. I just ordered Megan ldp and y pipe

I hope you have better luck with the Megan y pipe than I did. Mine broke at the flex section in under 3k miles. Seems like a common problem with them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I hope you have better luck with the Megan y pipe than I did. Mine broke at the flex section in under 3k miles. Seems like a common problem with them.
Crap. I didn’t hear anything about that in the reviews. Did that increase sound much ?

·
Registered
508 Posts
It is about 5 to 10 percent louder with the y pipe vs stock.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,510 Posts

A combination of the HKS resonated LDPs and the FI resonated CBE has filled that criteria for me quite well. Expensive but worth it, IMHO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
A combination of the HKS resonated LDPs and the FI resonated CBE has filled that criteria for me quite well. Expensive but worth it, IMHO.
That would be the most recommended. Hoping it doesn’t get to it. Like you said expensive lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts