Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been so used to putting the key FOB in my other Infinitis so I started the hunt for fob slot unit and I found one INFINITI FOB SMART KEY HOLDER SLOT on ebay for $30 as price at dealer was $100 appx. I don't need it to be functional electrically to charge fob battery but I'll install it for its mechanical function, once I get it.

Any one else misses FOB slot?

·
Registered
181 Posts
For me, I was used to do the same in my BMW but with my Q50 I just carry my fob in my packet all the time and totally love it. BTW if there would be an option, (and it is coming), I'd have a chip inserted under the skin. LOL.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I never really used up until the most recent months I had my G and that was only for the battery charging. Other than that, I don't miss it much.

It might be more beneficial to get used to not having it than to try to install something in on your own

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I didn't even notice that the slot was gone. I just keep the fob in my pocket. Life is just simpler that way. :)

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never really used up until the most recent months I had my G and that was only for the battery charging. Other than that, I don't miss it much.

It might be more beneficial to get used to not having it than to try to install something in on your own
I found a nice place to install without too much work, ;) i''ll post pic soon.
I didn't even notice that the slot was gone. I just keep the fob in my pocket. Life is just simpler that way. :)
yes, but when car is running, the fob has to be in the car and a designated spot (slot) for fob makes it convenient.;)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

yes, but when car is running, the fob has to be in the car and a designated spot (slot) for fob makes it convenient.;)
Please do post that pic!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wow.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts

Actually the engine will stay on even without the fob until you turn it off. I just always keep mine in my pocket. Much easier. No need to pull it out every time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.