Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i changed the battery in my key fob and it initially didn’t separate correctly so I came apart in a couple pieces. The issue is the latch to remove the temporary key doesn’t have the spring so the temporary key just slides out. I finally found the little spring on my floor. Does anyone know how to install the spring again?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
424 Posts
The spring slides onto the back of the latch and is held in place by a small pin. Place the latch and spring back into the fob body and carefully line up the other end of the spring onto the fob body pin -see pics. Good luck !
View attachment 90553
View attachment 90554
View attachment 90555

Wow kudos to you, for providing such informative pictures to get the repair done. Member of the year!!!!

But the the OP, how did you manage to loosen the spring by changing the battery baffles me. Did you not pull out the key first, and then twist a lil spot at the bottom of the fob to separate the 2 with a small flathead

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow kudos to you, for providing such informative pictures to get the repair done. Member of the year!!!!

But the the OP, how did you manage to loosen the spring by changing the battery baffles me. Did you not pull out the key first, and then twist a lil spot at the bottom of the fob to separate the 2 with a small flathead
I agree, I didn’t anticipate such a detailed response. I would never have been able to figure it out without the pictures.i just followed the diagram and it worked!

I had a heck of a time opening the key fob. In the past I got it apart much easier. That’s what I get I get for getting a dollar store battery and having to replace it again just after a couple of months... haha. I used a flathead and I think I tried pulling one side too quickly without loosening it all around first. The second time I got one side loose first then used an old credit card to pull apart both sides simultaneously.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Speaking of changing the battery. Even after I change it a week later it's saying my battery is low. No matter how many times I put a new battery in. Anybody else have this issue?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Speaking of changing the battery. Even after I change it a week later it's saying my battery is low. No matter how many times I put a new battery in. Anybody else have this issue?
I haven't had that issue. Are you getting some shoddy batteries? Or maybe you have a bit of oxidation build-up on the battery contacts.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Possibly new stock that is stale or just junk quality?

·
Registered
424 Posts
For one, what batteries are you buying or using? Dollar store variety or good ones like Duracell/Panasonic/Energizer?

2nd, when you are changing them out, just from touching your skin to the battery, you are discharging some of it. Wear gloves if you can.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,058 Posts
It depends on the voltage of the battery, but in this case with a small 3VDC coin battery, touching the positive and negative poles wouldn't draw any significant current (< 1 microampere) because the internal resistance in the human body, particularly the skin is way too high. I wouldn't try this with a car battery though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts