Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a key hole in the driver side door handle. What is the purpose of this? I only was handed 2 FOB's. Did you receive a key to unlock the driver door?

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I saw a key hole in the driver side door handle. What is the purpose of this? I only was handed 2 FOB's. Did you receive a key to unlock the driver door?
Inside the FOB's are keys. Turn the FOB's over push the clip and pull the keys out.

Reactions: chicagokevo

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
To add to CarolinaQ50's remark, the conventional key is a backup in case of a communication failure with the i-Key (dead battery, etc.)

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
66 Posts
To add to chicagokevo.

In case communication between the Ikey and the car is lost (car battery dead, ikey dead, ect.) the phyiscal key will open the door and lock/unloack glove box.

It will not how ever start the car, to start the car the Ikey has an RDFI chip. Just tap the back of the key to the power start buttom while hloding the brake down and then push the start button. Do this when the Ikeys battery dies or the car needs to be jump started.

Reactions: chicagokevo

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Please read the manual about the key fob(and other things). If the battery in the key fob is dead, you can still start the car using the key fob and the start button.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I really hope you didnt buy from my dealer... you need to go back and review the car with them..tfor the money you spent, they should have went over every question you have had on here..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks - after I pulled the sticker off the back of the FOB I saw the switch. Now I have a new car and my wife says I dumb :(. Also the hidden key is not mentioned in the manual, I contacted the Salesman to find it.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
the key is also used to lock the glove box (which has trunk disable switch- so trunk won't open) and hand the fob to valet and your valuables would be locked (glove box & trunk).

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
What Jason said. This is stuff your salesperson should have reviewed with you. I do with every single client. Whoever they are, they did not EARN top marks on the survey you'll get in a few days.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Thanks - after I pulled the sticker off the back of the FOB I saw the switch. Now I have a new car and my wife says I dumb :(. Also the hidden key is not mentioned in the manual, I contacted the Salesman to find it.
Of course it is. Maybe you looked in the InTouch manual instead. Go to the Owner's Manual, and look at the information starting on 3-2

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I found out more info on this site than what my salesperson told me!!
No wonder he's longer employed at the dealership!!

And I NEVER received a survey! :mad:
It's interesting and not surprising.

Car salesmen know a lot about selling and buying cars but they often never become true experts in the details on every car they get in their lot---and as soon as they do, what happens? They either quit, transfer to a different dealership, or get fired to be replaced by a fresh, new face. They'll also have to re-adapt every time a brand new model arrives too and having to keep up with each model, their engine, performance capabilities, fuel economy numbers, etc.

It seems to be a bit difficult now since the car has barely been out on the streets for what, 4 months now? So, if your sales consultant(s) were not informing you of things like this, it could be partially due to lack of education on their part--they just didn't know.

Hmmm, which sorta makes me curious in wondering--we've already have at least ten REGISTERED Infiniti or Infiniti dealer employees here that I can think of---who knows how many lurkers we have here or undisclosed members who actually use this forum for staying up to snuff their own Q50 knowledge, documenting our feedback/complaints, and finding ways to dodge our leasing strategies! :p

·
Registered
71 Posts
While we're on the topic of educated salesman (sarcasm), I drove the 3 hours to my closest Infiniti dealership yesterday to get the software update done and the oil changed. They told me it should be done in about an hour, so I decided to wait. ...3 hours later I was leaving the dealership.

While waiting, I was walking around looking at all the other Q/QX models and started talking with on of the salesmen (not the salesman I bought my car from). Let's just say this is one of the salesman that Sinecure reminds people to leave an appropriate review of when getting the survey. He didn't know that all the new 2014 Infiniti's start with "Q". He didn't know that Infiniti recently made a G25 for a couple years. He also told me that Infiniti wasn't coming out with a replacement for the M line. Not that they were going to wait awhile before coming or with it, but that infiniti was discontinuing it altogether. I'm pretty sure he's wrong about that too. That would be like BMW getting rid of their 5, 6 & 7 series. Or Mercedes getting rid of their S class.

He's the reason I research and figure out what I want before going to dealerships. Because most salesmen don't know a thing about cars, other than that they have 4 wheels. And I don't need an idiot to tell me that. :)

OK, done complaining. And I know that not all salesmen are morons, but they're the ones that everyone remembers.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My father in law was a car salesman for most if his life. Knew next to nothing about cars, and was proud of it. He was a schmoozer and bs artiste. Loved to see a mom and pop walk in. Hated gear heads. We didn't get along.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
While we're on the topic of educated salesman (sarcasm), I drove the 3 hours to my closest Infiniti dealership yesterday to get the software update done and the oil changed. They told me it should be done in about an hour, so I decided to wait. ...3 hours later I was leaving the dealership.

While waiting, I was walking around looking at all the other Q/QX models and started talking with on of the salesmen (not the salesman I bought my car from). Let's just say this is one of the salesman that Sinecure reminds people to leave an appropriate review of when getting the survey. He didn't know that all the new 2014 Infiniti's start with "Q". He didn't know that Infiniti recently made a G25 for a couple years. He also told me that Infiniti wasn't coming out with a replacement for the M line. Not that they were going to wait awhile before coming or with it, but that infiniti was discontinuing it altogether. I'm pretty sure he's wrong about that too. That would be like BMW getting rid of their 5, 6 & 7 series. Or Mercedes getting rid of their S class.

He's the reason I research and figure out what I want before going to dealerships. Because most salesmen don't know a thing about cars, other than that they have 4 wheels. And I don't need an idiot to tell me that. :)

OK, done complaining. And I know that not all salesmen are morons, but they're the ones that everyone remembers.
Sigh....You would think there would be some type of training class on the brand at least before actually starting the job.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Sigh....You would think there would be some type of training class on the brand at least before actually starting the job.
There were supposed to be training sessions at each one of the dealerships before the car was released. As those who have been on the forum for a while know, I even attended one of them(ah, the good old days!:D)

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I just came back from Scottsdale and my salesman was the best salesman I'd ever encountered in my life.

You go to his desk and they're littered with awards, trophies, and plaques and it's for good reason. I mean, he gave me a tutorial on the Q50 and took care of me in ways that I know for a fact that my local dealer would not have.

He says that there's no excuse for a salesman not knowing every in and out of their car. Whenever he and his service buddies aren't with a customer, they're jumping inside on the cars and they're pressing buttons, figuring things out, getting fully immersed in the vehicles.

He's definitely a perfectionist and you should've seen his reaction when I told him about something that he didn't know!! There was 1-2 things about the G37 sedan that I told him about relating to Bluetooth/garage door opener that he didn't know about and he looked at me as if his dog died!

I know not all salesmen take their jobs as seriously as that but he definitely represents the model for how it should be.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.