Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the previous post on key linking and have followed all the directions. I was under the impression that the car would recognize your key fob and change the seat, mirror and steering wheel settings automatically. Then I had the thought that you must first press the unlock button on your key fob to change these settings. Is that the case, you have to press the unlock button? Seems like it is easier to press the buttons on the door than to mess around with the key fob, which stays in your pocket. If someone could starighten this out for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
What option package do you have on your Q50?

I read the previous post on key linking and have followed all the directions. I was under the impression that the car would recognize your key fob and change the seat, mirror and steering wheel settings automatically. Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply, but, like a previous poster, it does not work. I have a profile, I have the correct key and I have pushed the unlock button while setting the memory. Is there some special way to link to my profile that I am missing?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Try edit your profile, then select key fob #2 instead of #1.
Maybe you using key fob #2.
I don't remember I need to do anything special on my key fob. When I get home tonight, I try it on my 2nd key fob and see how it work.

Thanks for the reply, but, like a previous poster, it does not work. I have a profile, I have the correct key and I have pushed the unlock button while setting the memory. Is there some special way to link to my profile that I am missing?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Yeah I had the same issue where I paired the wrong keyfob to my profile and I kept confusing which was which. I ended up redoing it from scratch and it works fine now. Whichever key is used, it sets it to that driver's profile automatically.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you edit the profile, it lights up which key you have, either 1 or 2. When I did it, the #1 key was highlighted and I was pairing it to profile #1 and button #1 on the door.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You should be able to choose #1 or #2 key fob from your user profile.
Best thing to do (like Maddsiick say) is to delete all profiles and redo it.

When you edit the profile, it lights up which key you have, either 1 or 2. When I did it, the #1 key was highlighted and I was pairing it to profile #1 and button #1 on the door.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I figured it out. You have to hold the unlock button until the program light goes out. It works now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.