Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get in my car ('14 model) to go to work and I get the key not detected error and the car won't start. After a few failed times, I go back into the house and grab the second remote. Same result. I spent several minutes trying to get it to start with no luck. I finally had to take another vehicle to work. What can I do or can be done to fix this? Both remotes have new batteries. I occasionally get the same issue on my wife's QX60. Maybe I give off bad vibes.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
858 Posts
Hope you used reliable batteries from a known brand – some remote systems "want" them! And did you try to start the car by holding the key fob to the start button? This should work even with a low battery...

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, MBRP Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
373 Posts
Push the push start with the key fob, that should start the car in case the battery is not working in the fob

·
Registered
Infiniti Q50 '17 Redsport, Metallic Dynamic Sunstone Red
129 Posts
Have you held the key fob up against the start button as per the manual? And don't buy your batteries from the dollar store they don't work.

·
Registered
858 Posts
@TO: So try it three times! LOL

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you held the key fob up against the start button as per the manual? And don't buy your batteries from the dollar store they don't work.
I was already running behind and didn't go through the manual. I'll have to try that when I get home this evening.

And yes, I don't use cheap batteries.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've had this happen to me just a few times. Once I remote started the car. Then got in and pressed brake+push button and "key ID not matched" warning popped up and car instantly turned off. I immediately turned the car back on and it recognized the key.

Just one of those "gremlins" I guess (battery was replaced a few weeks ago)

Reactions: Wheels43

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It turns out both batteries were no good. I had to buy a 4-pack since I needed to replace batteries in 3 remotes. It's my luck that both batteries would be dead at the same time.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Sometimes they sit around and go bad even if a quality brand.

·
Registered
858 Posts
It turns out both batteries were no good. I had to buy a 4-pack since I needed to replace batteries in 3 remotes. It's my luck that both batteries would be dead at the same time.
Thanks for the confirmation – good you could solve it this easy way!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Just curious, which brand did you put in that didn't work, and what 4 pack brand did you buy?

Reactions: YoungRizz

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been having a similar issue. I've replaced batteries in both fobs twice, and the car still reports "battery low" on both fobs .. ??

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,477 Posts
I've been having a similar issue. I've replaced batteries in both fobs twice, and the car still reports "battery low" on both fobs .. ??
Fresh, new batteries from a sealed package? Batteries made by a recognized brand, not from eBay or from Dollar General? Correct size, not just physical size, but marked as CR2032?

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Panasonic batteries. I've never had a problem with any of them. Ever.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,477 Posts
Panasonic batteries. I've never had a problem with any of them. Ever.
In my area it is just about exclusively Eveready that I see in retail stores for this style of battery.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts