Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Kick down delay in automatic transmission

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  kw_inside 
#1 ·
Hi,

What do you think about kick down delay in Q50? I was on test drive few weeks ago, now awaiting for my car to arrive and I noticed it takes some time to react on kick down. In my opinion it takes little too long. I also had a pleasure to drive new Mazda 6 and the reaction on kick down is almost instant there. What are your feelings? How long does it take in your case? Maybe the model I drove was broken somehow or I've done something wrong.

#2 ·
The Q50 does have some issues down shifting when you floor it sometimes. Make sure the drive mode is set to sport, this will help. As you drive it more, the transmission will also learn how you drive and should adjust a little bit because of that as well.

#4 ·
I think it's the adaptive learning.
This is becoming one of my other big gripes of this car.
My general commute is rush hour taffic which skews the adaptive learning to grandma driving.

I'm assuming resetting the ECU will set things back to some default.
I had the creeking steering wheel issue fixed which I'm assuming they disconnect the battery since the steering wheel has an air bag and that reset my ECU (from the battery disconnect).
Things seemed a lot better after that.

#5 ·
Yeah I hear that. After a ecu reset i love the trasmission. bad traffic just messes with the ecu so badly. I wish I could just turn off its learning.

Just really scary when you want "need" to go and the car sits there. I think I will bring it up next time at the dealers.

#6 ·
CORRECT, and ECU reset will fix the problem, but the lag will come back eventually.
For me it is worth it every now and then, but you will have a temporary decrease in fuel economy.

#7 ·
My dealer ended up doing a ecu re program for me. They didn't tell me this but you can't go back once you get the update. I believe the g37 have the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same TSB on the Q50. I think it removes Rev matching in standard mode.

I just had a ecu reset done and I will let you guys know when the learning is done. I find its around 2000km.

I have to say wish they could turn the learning off. I find the car is great after a ecu reset and when it's not being locked down with some gas saving mode.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.