Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone through at least six membership registrations today that listed auto dealerships as an ID (small independents, not manufacturers) from various parts of the US but their IP addresses are all from Punjab, Pakistan. Be wary of any dealerships who post here. They're not supposed to advertise here unless they register as a vendor and pay a monthly fee anyway.

I've been inundated issuing bans lately, averaging about 5-6/day. I wonder if the other VerticalScope forums are being hit as hard. Persistent mf'ers.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,275 Posts
I've gone through at least six membership registrations today that listed auto dealerships as an ID (small independents, not manufacturers) from various parts of the US but their IP addresses are all from Punjab, Pakistan. Be wary of any dealerships who post here. They're not supposed to advertise here unless they register as a vendor and pay a monthly fee anyway.

I've been inundated issuing bans lately, averaging about 5-6/day. I wonder if the other VerticalScope forums are being hit as hard. Persistent mf'ers.
Are you sure it isn't Poonjab, Pakistan?

Reactions: jodedor

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
I was joking.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts

Probably, usually comes in waves even for me in industry there has been an awful lot of spam and bots
active the past 2 months.

Solution here would be to make signing up to the forums a bit more complicated but that requires the owners to make the required
adjustments so not much you can do except drop the hammer as required.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,803 Posts
I nominate Avedis53 for sainthood. 👑

We are so fortunate to have him moderate our community.

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,105 Posts
My hair's doing ok for mid 40s. Yup, I don't have a "trigger" yet. Still waiting for the gun shop to call. And, yes, I have a nasty big toe.

I don't screen/ban nearly as much as 53. He usually beats me too it. Maybe 1 or 2 during the day and maybe a few in the wee AM. I handle a report every several weeks or so too.

Reactions: mapleDom

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
18 RS Q50 RWD
145 Posts
I had no idea it had gotten so bad that both of you have to battle them night and day. I’m now even more grateful for the tidy sum I was saved a couple of weeks ago by the diligent staff on this site

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's war I tell ya.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,105 Posts
I had no idea it had gotten so bad that both of you have to battle them night and day. I’m now even more grateful for the tidy sum I was saved a couple of weeks ago by the diligent staff on this site
:)

Was at Knott's Berry Farm all day, got home at 11:30pm, logged on here at 12:05am and had three Moderator Approvals in the queue that needed "Spam Clean".

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,105 Posts
12:50am. Make that four Spam Cleans.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,105 Posts
Make that five. 1:35am.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Two more auto dealerships this morning. We are under siege! Man the parapets! Boil some oil!

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,105 Posts
Three tonight and it is only 11:45pm, the night is young!

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,105 Posts
Two more by 12:40am....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts