Premium Member
Allen, Texas
498 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I found six more this morning in the approval queue and they are all coming from the same IP address in Faisalabad, Pakistan.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I found six more this morning in the approval queue and they are all coming from the same IP address in Faisalabad, Pakistan.
Dont they already know not to F with us. They asking for another Nukeout. Blow them off the map.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
GEEZUS! Just banned 10 more a few minutes ago. This is getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Hmmm... maybe an IP blocker is needed?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,085 Posts
GEEZUS! Just banned 10 more a few minutes ago. This is getting ridiculous.
Nice work. At least they are going to the queue. None are getting through, right?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Nice work. At least they are going to the queue. None are getting through, right?
The ones I just banned weren't in the queue as is the case for most all of them. I'm catching them before they make their first post, which won't show up in the queue. I screen them in the Newest Members list by checking their IP addresses.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,085 Posts
The ones I just banned weren't in the queue as is the case for most all of them. I'm catching them before they make their first post, which won't show up in the queue. I screen them in the Newest Members list by checking their IP addresses.
You make me look bad. I don't do any of that. Don't buy that Tesla and leave us any time soon.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,256 Posts
We're screwed when TinMan gets a different car.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,085 Posts
We're screwed when TinMan gets a different car.
It may be the case of if you can't beat them, join them. So I may just have to start spamming this site along with the Pakistan car dealers.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,256 Posts
No interest in the Plaid+, in fact, I probably won't get a Plaid either. The long range base model will still blow the doors off a Q50. No $10k full self-driving bullshit option either. I figure 670 HP and a 3.1 sec 0-60 mph is adequate for my needs.
Does it even take 3.1 seconds to get from one end of Newport to the other?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Does it even take 3.1 seconds to get from one end of Newport to the other?
It's a little over 11 miles from the southern end of the Newport city limits to the northern end, following Hwy 101. Might take a bit longer than 3.1 seconds.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Hmmm... maybe an IP blocker is needed?
This.

Or ask the site admin to block accounts based on Regions/IP Ranges, most systems allow for geographic blocking (N.Korean, China , Russia etc.) as most of the
bots and spam come out of those regions.

We do that with our spam filters and some external facing services.

Reactions: Pillboy

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
This.

Or ask the site admin to block accounts based on Regions/IP Ranges, most systems allow for geographic blocking (N.Korean, China , Russia etc.) as most of the
bots and spam come out of those regions.

We do that with our spam filters and some external facing services.
HA HA HA! Site admins. What a joke. We rarely see ours show up and he doesn't respond to messages. I heard VerticalScope is working on the problem but as far as I can tell, we are on our own. Pakistan and India are the main source of the spam, unless they are using VPNs and originate from elsewhere.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
HA HA HA! Site admins. What a joke. We rarely see ours show up and he doesn't respond to messages. I heard VerticalScope is working on the problem but as far as I can tell, we are on our own. Pakistan and India are the main source of the spam, unless they are using VPNs and originate from elsewhere.
Ah lame, doubt you have enough control to even block IP/MAC Addresses as well. :(

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Ah lame, doubt you have enough control to even block IP/MAC Addresses as well. :(
Yeah, it's like trying to stop a tidal wave with a teacup. I'm not concerned so much about bots signing up here as they usually don't do anything but it's the scammers who come in and try to bilk members on sales that I'm trying to weed out.

Best way to fight this is to never buy or sell anything here without buyer's protection.

Reactions: Pillboy

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Best way to fight this is to never buy or sell anything here without buyer's protection.
^This. Always wear your rubbers when going out in the rain!

That's an old world reference for galoshes... ;)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts