Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

LEASE- Hybrid or not?

13K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  afrosheen 
One more thing to consider. If you thrash this around the track, the salesman I spoke to said the Hybrid is noticeably tail heavy due to the battery packs back there. Ironically it may end up being the drifter's choice thanks to this.

I do see it having bad weather advantages in RWD or AWD configurations. More weight over the drive wheels = more sure-footed traction in snow, rain or ice. Plus the highway mileage may make you lean towards taking road trips despite rising gas prices, so it could have a positive impact on your life. ;)

Quick look at numbers and from what I can tell, Money Factor and Residual are the same on both hybrid and gas. I think residual is 61% at 10K/year - don't quote me on that, I was looking over my manager's shoulder.

Someone mentioned something about Illuminated Kick Plates. Looks like all dealers are being required to add those on every single order for the first month or two. We may be able to delete those right before production if a customer is religiously opposed to them, but I wouldn't bet on that. Right now, all 13 that we have coming in the first month will have IKP's.
Since IKP's are "port" options that are dealer installed, why can't they be deleted from production? Is this just free juice for all the dealerships with the initial allotment?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that afrosheen made a typo. :D
Careful, that limb is thin. The numbers I quoted were "seat of the pants" measurements from people that went to TMS. I've talked to about 7 people that attended the event and everyone agreed the Hybrid was significantly quicker. 1.2 seconds quicker to 60 though? I hope not, but then again these were pre-production models. They could still hotrod them a little before they roll off the line.

More side notes from what I remember at Grubbs' event. The 7 speed auto tranny is the same one (again) but has been completely remapped and tuned. Not snapping your neck from 1-2 and 2-3 anymore, an effort has been made to create a wave that builds and transitions through those gears. I know alot of people with the current 7 speed complain about it and Infiniti has issued software updates a few times over the years and never really got it perfect for everyone. Dealership guy said the 5 speed auto was still his favorite for peak power and gear transitions. Crossing my fingers on this because I have driven loaners with the 7 speed and they felt unpredictable compared to my 5 speed.

Also you have the mode selector and all these options now in the interface. They should have a straight up R mode like the GTR where you throw 3 switches down and it's ready to win stoplight challenges. Maybe they'll save that for the IPL. ;)

One last feature: nav assisted shift prediction. Yes. If you're giving it the business in a twisty area, the car will analyze nav data for turns, elevation changes, and pick the right gear as you approach the turn and exit it. With rev matching of course. I can't wait to test this on those cloverleaf offramps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.