Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This a quote a dealership gave for an Infiniti Q50 with premium package, navigation system, and spare tire option. I added insurance for vehicle theft and wheel and tire, and also a maintenance contract for oil and filter. The dealership also gave $3,250 of loyalty incentive for renewing my lease.

What do you guys think about this offer?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
1) My doc fee was $80 in California. This probably varies by state, but see if that is set in stone where you are. Yours is $700.

2) You may not need wheel and tire protection with the 17 inch rims. Unless your prone to bumping curves when making right hand turns or parallel parking, then by all means probably get it. You may want to see what it costs as well to get a rim fixed. I thought it was around $100 - $200 for road rash scrape to get it repaired. Probably cheaper than infiniti insurance.

3) If your dealer allows multiple security deposits, maybe look into that. My money rate with MSD's was around .00025. And people on these forums have shown even cheaper than that.
If I'm doing my math right, on your lease your total rent charge at that money rate for 39 months would be $633.75 (vs $2670)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) My doc fee was $80 in California. This probably varies by state, but see if that is set in stone where you are. Yours is $700.

2) You may not need wheel and tire protection with the 17 inch rims. Unless your prone to bumping curves when making right hand turns or parallel parking, then by all means probably get it. You may want to see what it costs as well to get a rim fixed. I thought it was around $100 - $200 for road rash scrape to get it repaired. Probably cheaper than infiniti insurance.

3) If your dealer allows multiple security deposits, maybe look into that. My money rate with MSD's was around .00025. And people on these forums have shown even cheaper than that.
If I'm doing my math right, on your lease your total rent charge at that money rate for 39 months would be $633.75 (vs $2670)
The dealership told me that the doc fee is pure profit for them, so I guess it doesn't matter what is your state (I am in Miami, FL). I am thinking about removing the tire and wheel protection as well since it doesn't make sense based on what you are explaining here.

In regards to the rent charge, not sure how you calculated the $633.75. I thought the money factor is calculated by dividing the rent charge by the sum of the adjusted capitalized cost and the residual value = 2,670 / (30,770 + 26,074) = .04056. In this case it still seems to be high.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I thought it was (adjusted cap cost + residual value) * money factor.
I might be wrong about that.
For you that comes out to roughly $65,000 * money factor
I just put in the money factor I got. $65000 * .00025 = $16.25 a month
I pay $19 a month on rent. No joke.

[edit] I think your money factor is around .00105 or so.
(65,000 * .00105) * 39 = 2661.
I'm just doing rough rounded math so it isn't 100% exact.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought it was (adjusted cap cost + residual value) * money factor.
I might be wrong about that.
For you that comes out to roughly $65,000 * money factor
I just put in the money factor I got. $65000 * .00025 = $16.25 a month
I pay $19 a month on rent. No joke.

[edit] I think your money factor is around .00105 or so.
(65,000 * .00105) * 39 = 2661.
I'm just doing rough rounded math so it isn't 100% exact.

Yes, my money factor is .00104 to be exact. So I guess the $2,661 rent charge seems reasonable then?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like you are paying a lot to me.

I just got the Q50 premium AWD with nav, touring, tech and 19" wheels for $399 a month with $0 down other than first month and DMV fees.

my dealer gave me a special deal, but he said it would normally be $489 with the same $0 down.

24 month lease, 10k miles per yr

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like you are paying a lot to me.

I just got the Q50 premium AWD with nav, touring, tech and 19" wheels for $399 a month with $0 down other than first month and DMV fees.

my dealer gave me a special deal, but he said it would normally be $489 with the same $0 down.

24 month lease, 10k miles per yr
What is the price of the car? I believe that is a top of the line Q50 with all the packages, which could be around $50,000. Also, not sure if you are taking into consideration all the fees, taxes, and insurance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is the price of the car? I believe that is a top of the line Q50 with all the packages, which could be around $50,000. Also, not sure if you are taking into consideration all the fees, taxes, and insurance.
MSRP was $52,155. I included all fees and taxes.

I paid first month and $85 DMV upfront, nothing else. monthly payment is $410 because I added tire protection for $10 a month.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.