Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not into this car and the service at my dealer is awful. Anyone interested or know anyone interested in taking over a premium all wheel drive with nav., only $400 a month (white).... very frustrated with Infiniti and my dealer at this point....

·
Registered
982 Posts
not into this car and the service at my dealer is awful. Anyone interested or know anyone interested in taking over a premium all wheel drive with nav., only $400 a month (white).... very frustrated with Infiniti and my dealer at this point....
Wrong forum. Most here already have a Q50 who they also want to get rid of.

Try Auto leasing and car lease swap, get out of a lease. Take over a car lease. The only thing stopping me is the $4,500 I have in MSD. I don't want to lose that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wrong forum. Most here already have a Q50 who they also want to get rid of.
Most? Are you being serious with that? How did you determine that "most" of the members here are dissatisfied and unhappy with their Q50 to the point where they're actively pursuing means of getting rid of the car?

You can and should only speak for yourself. Speaking for myself and myself only I can say that overall I've been satisfied with my Q50 and I enjoy driving it just about every day. However, I brought it to the dealership last month to get the InTouch update, which resolved most of the complaints I had with it. I also passed on the DAS because I was perfectly happy with the standard hydraulic power steering system in my previous G37x Sedan and I anticipated that the hydraulic system in the Q50 would be very similar to the G37 system. I have no issue at all with the standard hydraulic steering in my Q50, as a matter of fact I enjoy it just as much as I did in my G37.

I know their are SOME members on this forum that aren't happy with their Q50 and I'm sure that a percentage of those dissatisfied Q50 owners are attempting to get rid of the car, but I certainly don't think it's fair to make a blanket statement like that where you're saying most of the members on this forum are not only unhappy with their Q50 but they're actively trying to get rid of it.

You're obviously not happy with your Q50, and you most definitely have the right to feel that way and I'm sure you have legitimate reasons as to why you're unhappy with it, but you shouldn't give other members the false impression that the majority of the members here are unhappy with the car and are trying to get rid of it.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Most? Are you being serious with that? How did you determine that "most" of the members here are dissatisfied and unhappy with their Q50 to the point where they're actively pursuing means of getting rid of the car?

You can and should only speak for yourself. Speaking for myself and myself only I can say that overall I've been satisfied with my Q50 and I enjoy driving it just about every day. However, I brought it to the dealership last month to get the InTouch update, which resolved most of the complaints I had with it. I also passed on the DAS because I was perfectly happy with the standard hydraulic power steering system in my previous G37x Sedan and I anticipated that the hydraulic system in the Q50 would be very similar to the G37 system. I have no issue at all with the standard hydraulic steering in my Q50, as a matter of fact I enjoy it just as much as I did in my G37.

I know their are SOME members on this forum that aren't happy with their Q50 and I'm sure that a percentage of those dissatisfied Q50 owners are attempting to get rid of the car, but I certainly don't think it's far to make a blanket statement like that where you're saying most of the members on this forum are not only unhappy with their Q50 but they're actively trying to get rid of it.

You're obviously not happy with your Q50, and you most definitely have the right to feel that way and I'm sure you have legitimate reasons as to why you're unhappy with it, but you shouldn't give other members the false impression that the majority of the members here are unhappy with the car and are trying to get rid of it.
Thank you! Very happy with my purchase and don't plan on getting rid of it! And NO need to! Plus I did my homework....:D

·
Registered
407 Posts

I know their are SOME members on this forum that aren't happy with their Q50 and I'm sure that a percentage of those dissatisfied Q50 owners are attempting to get rid of the car, but I certainly don't think it's far to make a blanket statement like that where you're saying most of the members on this forum are not only unhappy with their Q50 but they're actively trying to get rid of it.

well said, great way to reply while being mindful of others.
best way to put it, if you don't like the Q50 there's not much of a reason for you to be here, pointless really.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Take a browse through the forum and you'll see that the problems sort themselves into a couple of primary categories. They are InTouch issues and DAS / driveability. There are a smattering of other things but these are the biggies that you'll want to research here. If you're 6 months out, you may just want to hold until the 2015 models are available. It just depends on what your situation is.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Keep in mind that even if you have someone else take over your lease, PER the INFINITI FINANCIAL terms you are still on the contract as a co-signer. So if the person doesn't pay up, your credit score/report goes down the drain too.

Anyone know a good way around getting out of an Infiniti Financial lease?

I heard you can get a buyout quote from Infiniti then go to CarMax and get an offer. If they pay more, you make money actually. If they pay less, you lose money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Boone - I'm probably going to wait for the 2015 model based on what I've read throughout the forum. Previously, I've been waiting to hopefully pick up a lightly used Q50S hybrid. I'm aware of most the issues people have been having but was just asking what issue in particular was so bad that this guy wants to get rid of the car.

I'm probably 6 months out just because I'm working on getting a new construction home that I want to keep the financing off my credit at closing. Do the new models typically come out around August, on par with 1 year from when this car was released?

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Not into it, but for the past 2 months you have been looking at wheels, lowering springs, and splitters. Did you buy this by accident? I'm confused. :confused:

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Boone - I'm probably going to wait for the 2015 model based on what I've read throughout the forum. Previously, I've been waiting to hopefully pick up a lightly used Q50S hybrid. I'm aware of most the issues people have been having but was just asking what issue in particular was so bad that this guy wants to get rid of the car.

I'm probably 6 months out just because I'm working on getting a new construction home that I want to keep the financing off my credit at closing. Do the new models typically come out around August, on par with 1 year from when this car was released?
The release of the 2015 models is likely to hit in the fall. I'm just basing this off of the time new model year vehicles are typically released. It is not at all unusual for first year models to be on the market for longer than 12 months depending on when they are released.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wrong forum. Most here already have a Q50 who they also want to get rid of..
WOW, you'd think after dumping your Lexus IS early you would have done more homework before purchasing the Q50. Obviously no one can be psychic about what problems a vehicle will have, but since you went through some 1st model year pains with Lexus, it would make sense to stay away from the 1st model year Q50. Bashing it on here is not helping any, but at the same time, what's the internet for anyways?

I knew what I was getting myself into, which is why I got the most base model offered to avoid any new technology gremlins. Hopefully other new buyers can use this forum to educate themselves and know what they are purchasing, rather than just buy it and b*tch about it later.

To the OP, I've used swapalease twice to have someone else assume my lease from IFS. The new leaser(?) must qualify for the lease as well, and IFS has strict credit requirements. The general rule is that the new leaser should have better credit score than the original leaser. That should ease your mind a bit about still being a co-signer.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Its still the wrong forum. No one is going to buy or lease a q50 from a guy who has issues with the car.

Ina another thread, members here were offering $1....

I gave him a link to where he can post his car. / thread

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Initially loved the car and was looking to do some aftermarket work but after my experience with infiniti and the dealer im discouraged and would rather go back to my previous manufacturer. Im no longer interested in dumping extra cash into this car. Its a mix of not loving the look anymore and malfunctioning apps, backup camera etc.... just like some here are having. Not saying this car is junk at all and i understand why people love it but my personal opinion is Id like to avoid this headache any further if I can....

·
Registered
432 Posts
Can't expect class and intelligence from a guy who couldn't read paperwork thus paying $3k more for his Q50 than he was supposed to. Or does he even have a Q50 at all?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.