Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Most of you guys over here are pretty lease savvy -- I think you would like and appreciate this app I wrote a year ago. I joined the forum sometime last year while researching for Q50 - I ended up not getting it but in the process I did learn how Infiniti calculates Multiple Security Deposits differently from some other financial companies/manufacturers out there. Today I released update 2.0 of this app and incorporated what I learned from this forum.

Check it out if you have any iOS device:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/leasematic-auto-lease-calculator/id593255005?mt=8

See full screenshots here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741825.306475609473079&type=1&l=313e2f57ec

Some highlights:
- Handles Lease and Loans
- Normal Mode: can handle very complex lease deals with MSD, trade-ins, rebates, all kinds of tax calculations for different States etc
- Wizard Mode: for folks new to leasing it has a step by step guide
- Summary screen: very detailed breakdown of lease calculation
- Compare deals against each other
- Save, copy, share etc
- Payment Editor - allows you to customize the payments

Attaching some screenshots.

Thanks!
Haris.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I'm curious, so I took the last one. Someone had already used the first one. I'll try it out tomorrow. Wondering if the MSD calculation will somehow figure out that if the monthly is 455, the MSD calculation is a multiple of 500 - round up to the nearest $50, then multiply. It is a common mistake that dealers make. I don't know how it works with other brands.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm curious, so I took the last one. Someone had already used the first one. I'll try it out tomorrow. Wondering if the MSD calculation will somehow figure out that if the monthly is 455, the MSD calculation is a multiple of 500 - round up to the nearest $50, then multiply. It is a common mistake that dealers make. I don't know how it works with other brands.
Yes it will properly calculate MSD deposit to be multiple of $500 - just enable the toggle "Deposit Based on Original Payment" to YES in MSD screen.

Lexus, BMW and some other brands calculate MSD by rounding up the final payment to nearest 50 (nearest quarter in Lexus' case). Infiniti, as you said, does it by rounding up original payment (payment before applying msd money factor) to nearest 50. Which is why I introduced this "Deposit Based on Original Payment" toggle in this update just for Infiniti -- i don't know what other brands use the same logic.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
This thread has been an education on leasing. I never knew, and could not imagine, all the pitfalls enumerated herein. It seems there's been no lack of creativity in fleecing leasing customers.

Conclusion: I'll never lease a car in my life!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So.. what do you think of the app?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Too busy on a Saturday to mess with it. Probably have to wait until Thursday when I'm back in the office. Today's going to be busy and I'll be skiing the next three days - we finally got snow!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.