Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if I have missed it somewhere, but I have search and searched and may be looking over something. But.....

After putting the Q50 in Park, and removing foot from brake is, there any way to shut the engine off and leave the audio and In Touch system ON without pushing Start Button twice, having engine shut off, and back to ACC, which restarts the system over again and allowing everything to reload?:confused:

Reactions: klimchuk

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very frustrating. I have tried holding down the Start Button, just to get the engine to shut...that didn't work I have tried taking my foot off the brake and push the Start Button...that didn't work Then I tried it by taking my foot off the brake, engage the emergency brake....that didn't work Then I tried pushing the Start Button twice, shutting off engine with foot off brake....that just starting me back in ACC with everything reloading.:mad:

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Yea I get frustrated by this often. Esp since it's a standard feature on (I believe) every single car I've driven before! There has to be an answer for this somewhere. :confused:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I get frustrated by this often. Esp since it's a standard feature on (I believe) every single car I've driven before! There has to be an answer for this somewhere. :confused:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I hope the answer is somewhere since they allow the windows and sunroof to retain power for a certain amount of time or until a door is open.

Can we get Aggie to get us a video together that will get Infiniti's attention?;)

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I don't get this either. On my 2010 Maxima and my 2012 G37, all I had to do was a quick double tap on the start button and the engine would shut off and I'd be in ACC mode without the infotainment system ever shutting off. I don't understand why this logic would be dropped. It is needed even more in the Q50 due to the long start up time than it was in either of those cars.

·
Registered
37 Posts
anyone see any issues with just keeping the car on for hybrid models? the engine shuts off when the vehicle's in park and the accessories can be powered by the lith-ion battery. no reloading of intouch.

of course if you use the accessories for too long, the engine will 'wake up' to charge the lith-ion....

·
Registered
236 Posts
anyone see any issues with just keeping the car on for hybrid models? the engine shuts off when the vehicle's in park and the accessories can be powered by the lith-ion battery. no reloading of intouch.

of course if you use the accessories for too long, the engine will 'wake up' to charge the lith-ion....
That'll work - but the daytime running lights stay on. Which I don't like. So - I just turn off the system, and then hit the start button once. A pain, but only for 20 secs or so until the info-tainment systems boots back up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not in my car at the moment, so can't try this, but page 5-11 of the Owner's Manual says:

When the ignition switch is pushed without depressing the brake pedal... 4 times to return to ACC.

m

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Not in my car at the moment, so can't try this, but page 5-11 of the Owner's Manual says:

When the ignition switch is pushed without depressing the brake pedal... 4 times to return to ACC.

m
yes be careful:
PUSH-BUTTON IGNITION SWITCH
OPERATION
When the ignition switch is pushed without
depressing the brake pedal, the ignition
switch position will change as follows:
. Push center once to change to ACC.
. Push center two times to change to ON.
. Push center three times to change to
OFF. (No position illuminates.)
. Push center four times to return to ACC.
. Open or close any door to return to LOCK during the OFF position.
If the ignition switch is pushed quickly or is rapidly pushed twice, the hybrid system may not start. If this occurs, put the shift lever in the “P” (Park) position, and leave the ignition switch in the “OFF” position for
one minute. Then depress the brake pedal and push the ignition switch to “ON”.
When the READY to drive indicator light illuminates, the vehicle can be
driven.
The ignition lock is designed so that the ignition switch position cannot be switched to LOCK until the shift lever is moved to the
P (Park) position.
When the ignition switch cannot be switched toward the LOCK position, move the shift lever into the P (Park) position.
Do not leave the vehicle with the push button ignition switch in ACC or ON positions when the hybrid system is not running for an extended period. This can discharge the 12-volt battery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes be careful:
PUSH-BUTTON IGNITION SWITCH
OPERATION
When the ignition switch is pushed without
depressing the brake pedal, the ignition
switch position will change as follows:
. Push center once to change to ACC.
. Push center two times to change to ON.
. Push center three times to change to
OFF. (No position illuminates.)
. Push center four times to return to ACC.
. Open or close any door to return to LOCK during the OFF position.
If the ignition switch is pushed quickly or is rapidly pushed twice, the hybrid system may not start. If this occurs, put the shift lever in the “P” (Park) position, and leave the ignition switch in the “OFF” position for
one minute. Then depress the brake pedal and push the ignition switch to “ON”.
When the READY to drive indicator light illuminates, the vehicle can be
driven.
The ignition lock is designed so that the ignition switch position cannot be switched to LOCK until the shift lever is moved to the
P (Park) position.
When the ignition switch cannot be switched toward the LOCK position, move the shift lever into the P (Park) position.
Do not leave the vehicle with the push button ignition switch in ACC or ON positions when the hybrid system is not running for an extended period. This can discharge the 12-volt battery.
This procedure works, but I think the OP's question was how to keep everything on after already driving and using the system. The process above will get you to ACC mode from OFF or ON, but if you do this from ON, it will turn off InTouch and restart it, which the OP was trying to prevent.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This procedure works, but I think the OP's question was how to keep everything on after already driving and using the system. The process above will get you to ACC mode from OFF or ON, but if you do this from ON, it will turn off InTouch and restart it, which the OP was trying to prevent.
Yes. You are correct.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Press the Engine button three times to stop the engine as you are pulling into your parking spot. If you do it with your seat belt on while the car is still rolling (even slightly) the engine will stop with the vehicle in ACC mode.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Press the Engine button three times to stop the engine as you are pulling into your parking spot. If you do it with your seat belt on while the car is still rolling (even slightly) the engine will stop with the vehicle in ACC mode.
That is equivalent to shutting of the the engine without putting the car into park. i.e. on a old key system, literally shutting the key off while moving. Same effect of holding down the start button for 3 seconds.

I highly recommend not doing this, you will immediately loose power steering and brake booster.

Definitely. Tried it, and doesn't answer the original poster's question. So, I too have the question... how do we switch from running to ACC?

I'll be visiting the dealership with my car tomorrow and will ask my "Teiban Master" sales dude.
This definitely seems to be a missing feature from the Q50 and I have no clue why they did this. Every other Infiniti or Nissan with a push button. If you double tap the start button it goes straight from ON to ACC and keeps radio, etc ON. I use it all the time. But I have been unable to do it in the Q50, I have tried so many times, it may have something to do with the hybrid train. Normally I don;t mind it, but waiting 30-60 sec for Intouch to load is frustrating.

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is a feature that i really miss from my g37. 2 quick taps and the car would go into acc without shutting off the infotainment system. Not sure why the q50 does not have this feature

·
Registered
40 Posts
That is equivalent to shutting of the the engine without putting the car into park. i.e. on a old key system, literally shutting the key off while moving. Same effect of holding down the start button for 3 seconds.

I highly recommend not doing this, you will immediately loose power steering and brake booster.
You obviously don't want to do it from a 50 MPH roll. Do it from a 5 MPH roll as you are pulling into a spot and you will be fine. Not the best solution, but it works. You do not immediately loose steering and brakes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I tried that but a few problems, 1) its hard to time it right when pulling into a home garage without being to short/far, 2) even though the screens stay on the audio momentarily reboots

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.