Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says, i will be wrapping my tan interior.

initially, i wanted to use alcantara fabric but seem to be so hard to located (here in states) + the price per yard was way up there ? ($100+)

started with dissembling the a pillar (will get to b pillar, quarter trims and eventually headliner). will paint or locate black grip handles, sunvisors, etc.

a pillar trim pieces, fabric and spray glue. fabric and glue brought from

fabric stripped off piece. came off very easily to my surprise.

fabric piece (top) vs bar plastic piece (bottom)

the fabric, faux suede stretch fabric

spray adhesive used. goes on wet, need to wait for like 3-4mins.

piece sprayed, fabric sprayed

final piece done (drivers side). simply apply, trim access over edges, and tuck around. i like the outcome, will snap a photo once inside car.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,837 Posts
I commend you ror but I have to wonder if at some point it's just easier to start with a black interior, black headliner RS400 in the first place, and not have to go through the trouble?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I commend you ror but I have to wonder if at some point it's just easier to start with a black interior, black headliner RS400 in the first place, and not have to go through the trouble?
well, locating a full black interior (all together), then if it's not within driving distant, dealing with shipping (no one is shipping a headliner), THEN the price.

seen someone had a full black interior on facebook or craigslist but wanted $1500 for it.

i'll go this route, gives me something to do at least, lol. i will, however, try to locate to smaller pieces in black.

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
well, locating a full black interior (all together), then if it's not within driving distant, dealing with shipping (no one is shipping a headliner), THEN the price.

seen someone had a full black interior on facebook or craigslist but wanted $1500 for it.

i'll go this route, gives me something to do at least, lol. i will, however, try to locate to smaller pieces in black.
Not exactly my point. My point was maybe just start with the car you want from the beginning.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts
I would try putting these pieces back in place as you wrap them to make sure the added thickness of the material doesn't keep things from fitting back in place like they are supposed to.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not exactly my point. My point was maybe just start with the car you want from the beginning.
oooo. well, my pockets weren't that deep to get a used RedSport400. lol. i'm contempt though.

Reactions: Jeffpeds

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,985 Posts
oooo. well, my pockets weren't that deep to get a used RedSport400. lol. i'm contempt though.
Do you have contempt towards yourself for not buying a RS or are you content with your purchase?

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
760 Posts
I understand your comment (as everyone else does) and applaud the work you are doing. Good luck and keep us updated.

Reactions: Red RS400

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have contempt towards yourself for not buying a RS or are you content with your purchase?
lmao???

I understand your comment (as everyone else does) and applaud the work you are doing. Good luck and keep us updated.
yes yes, will update with photos..

Reactions: Jeffpeds

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
Understood. And I am not trying to sound like a jerk, sorry. But I see these threads sometimes and I see how much trouble people are going through to upgrade to a sport bumper cover or the S / RS BBK, or add paddle shifters, etc. and I can't help but think: couldn't you have just started with a Sport in the first place and then you'd already have all these things you want?

Reactions: Pillboy

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,985 Posts
Reactions: jodedor

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
I'm glad you saw the humor in my post. Some people here have no sense of humor.
Bahhhh! There is no place for humor on a serious car forum.

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
Those pillars look nice and 'fuzzy' ridin.

So, in the 4th gen Maxima world........... the '95 and '96 Maximas (GLEs only, IIRC) came with clothe covered interior pillars (A, B, and C). They basically matched the soft headliner. When the minor mid-generation face-lift came out in '97, Nissan switched to hard plastic. But, for your '97+, it wasn't as easy as sourcing '95/'96 Maxima 'fuzzy pillars' as they famously became called. Because the tweeter was moved from the A pillar to the door panel. The solution? I30 pillars! The I30 had fuzzy pillars on all years '96 - '99. I transferred my fuzzy B and C pillars from my '96 GLE to my '99 SE, and I bought new I30 tweeter-less A pillars. Ahhhh... the memories.

To this day, people will list 'fuzzy pillars' in their mod list.

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It will 'only' cost you 4 digits shipped but here is a black RS headliner and pillars.

yeah, i had seen. i'm going to pass on that one lol. anyway, with this extra time on my hands, it'll be a nice project.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
530 Posts
Looks really good!!!

I believe that these DIY things are not always and only about (more or less) money – sometimes it's (additional) fun to change the look of one's car...

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,985 Posts
Bahhhh! There is no place for humor on a serious car forum.
That's good because this certainly isn't a serious car forum.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts
Is the adjective "serious" modifying the noun "car" or the noun "forum"? I'm unsure if I should be offended or not.

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
This is a non-serious forum for a serious car. Better?

1 - 20 of 114 Posts