Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,973 Posts
If you have a black interior, skip all that, get a wide-tip Sharpie and color the labels black. :p

Have you tried removing the labels with a heat gun or hair dryer? That supposedly works. Any residual adhesive should come off with isopropyl alcohol.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,822 Posts
Yes that is my Q50 visor turned to the side window. You would be surprised how different similar blacks looks when you photograph them using a flash. It looks much better in person viewing it "normally" without the artificial lighting.

This is the company I got the material from: https://sunvisorsolutions.com

I first ordered a sample sheet (this is a picture of the one I received back in 2018 - the one currently on their web site looks like it has fewer samples on it), compared the samples to my visor, found the best choice based on color and texture and then ordered 4184 "Jet Black" (a pair of stickers were $10.95 back then plus shipping). The "Pearl" I ordered for our Escape which was the only viable choice is a very poor match but I left them on.

My 2018 needed two 3.5" x 6" stickers and for the Escape I bought a full sheet and cut my own as I needed FOUR different stickers and they didn't have the sizes I needed.

View attachment 91619

Ahhh... so that's your car! Nice. Dude, I am so excited. You made my day. My week! Thank you so much for the info!

Looks like a sample sheet is $4. I wonder if I should order it or just go with your 'Jet Black'.... hmmm...

Hey, you should list this stuff in your mod list! I would have known sooner! ;)

Thanks again Pb.

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
If you have a black interior, skip all that, get a wide-tip Sharpie and color the labels black. :p

Have you tried removing the labels with a heat gun or hair dryer? That supposedly works. Any residual adhesive should come off with isopropyl alcohol.
I've watched the videos on youtube carefully but didn't see any for our exact car and I'm just too scared to try. I guess it's worth a try and if it comes out f'ed up, then you can stick an overlay over the area. I looked at ours and they seem pretty damn fused!!

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,973 Posts
I guess I pay more attention to the road instead of the visor.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts

Used a steam iron on my 2005 Legacy GT and they came off clean as can be. On the 2013 Escape heat did not work as it looks like they changed how the labels are affixed to the visor...probably to stop car enthusiasts from removing federally mandated safety information.

I do like the Sharpie idea. Maybe an elMarko...or a Marks-a-Lot.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Ahhh... so that's your car! Nice. Dude, I am so excited. You made my day. My week! Thank you so much for the info!

Looks like a sample sheet is $4. I wonder if I should order it or just go with your 'Jet Black'.... hmmm...

Hey, you should list this stuff in your mod list! I would have known sooner! ;)

Thanks again Pb.
Order the sample sheet and make your own choice...I would feel better. And I would like to see if you come to the same conclusion I did. And you're welcome.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
I guess I pay more attention to the road instead of the visor.
Oh man, my blood boils when I see them, lol. Every since they came out (80s, 90s?), it's bothered me that these colorful, worthless disclaimers are permanently attached to my car in a conspicuous place, inches from my head. In the beginning, they weren't so bad. They were just stickers that could be removed and/or not as bright and colorful and as large as they are today. I think my '96 Maxima had black text on a clear background. Then, by '99 the Maxima had white ones with bright colors. Put the stupid warning in the owners manual, leave them off my car! lol

Reactions: Pillboy

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Or have the dealer place them on the cars after the buyer completes an IQ test and scores below a certain level.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I though all S/RS's came with the real leather, didn't know it was also part of a package.
There is 2 leather levels. Both are real leather. The quilted look version is the upgraded semi-aniline leather, i.e. higher quality.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Oh man, my blood boils when I see them, lol. Every since they came out (80s, 90s?), it's bothered me that these colorful, worthless disclaimers are permanently attached to my car in a conspicuous place, inches from my head. In the beginning, they weren't so bad. They were just stickers that could be removed and/or not as bright and colorful and as large as they are today. I think my '96 Maxima had black text on a clear background. Then, by '99 the Maxima had white ones with bright colors. Put the stupid warning in the owners manual, leave them off my car! lol

View attachment 91623 View attachment 91624
Do you remove the modern labels? I believe it is possible, but I've never tried. Matt from Obsessed Garage makes a big deal about them as well and always removes them. Just curious if you've tried.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Do you remove the modern labels? I believe it is possible, but I've never tried. Matt from Obsessed Garage makes a big deal about them as well and always removes them. Just curious if you've tried.
I tried the steam iron on the Ford ones and they showed no signs of letting go. I figured a sun visor is probably a $500 item at Infiniti, so I passed on attempting in case I effed it up.

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
As previously mentioned, too scared to try - they look too 'fused'!

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Order the sample sheet and make your own choice...I would feel better. And I would like to see if you come to the same conclusion I did. And you're welcome.
Ok, ordered the color chart tonight. $4, free shipping, no tax. (2% cash back with my citi double rewards card ;) )

Looks like the overlays will be $11.95 + $4.95 shipping, no tax.

Thanks again Pill, I appreciate the pics and the info provided.

Reactions: Pillboy

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
will figure a solution to paint the seat belt portion that's still tan (its attached to belt itself)

other pieces painted black

as i stated, sunvisors are next. trying to find black ones from a RS400. question, will Q60 sunvisors fit a Q50 ?

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Color chart for warning label overlay has been shipped. :D
No tracking info but what do you expect for $4 shipped?

Hello <ptatohed>,
Your order has been shipped.
Thank you for your business.​
BP&B Industries, Inc.
17015 N DEER CREEK DR​

Order Summary
Rs=w:100,h:100
Color Chart
Color Chart: Color Chart​
SKU: CLR-CHR-CLR-CHR​
$4.00
Subtotal:​
$4.00​
Shipping (Ships Free):​
$0.00​
Order Total:
$4.00
Selected payment method:​
Credit/Debit Card​

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Received the color chart today. I am trying this at night with a portable LED flashlight and camera flash so I will reserve final judgement until I can view in good sunlight. But, as of now, I think I am between Charcoal Black and Jet Black, leaning toward Jet Black.

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Received the color chart today. I am trying this at night with a portable LED flashlight and camera flash so I will reserve final judgement until I can view in good sunlight. But, as of now, I think I am between Charcoal Black and Jet Black, leaning toward Jet Black.

View attachment 91731

View attachment 91732
looks like, from this picture at least, black and jet black are the closest matches.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,973 Posts
Daylight pictures please.

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
looks like, from this picture at least, black and jet black are the closest matches.
Thanks. It pretty much needs to be Charcoal or Jet for the actual material to match.

Daylight pictures please.
Coming. May not have a chance until my next day off - Friday 04-17-20. Assuming it is sunny. It's been very gloomy/rainy these last several weeks.

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Sunlight. I think I am leaning toward Charcoal Black now.

Reactions: ridinonrails
61 - 80 of 114 Posts