·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,973 Posts
Close enough.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Absolutely awesome! Looks like you paid thousands to have it done.

Lot of posts pilling up on this thread. At least one member got something (debatable) out of all the back and forth.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,822 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
somehow, you have convinced me to look into getting these😁 .
i did find out, from part numbers, the Q60 sunvisor and NOT the same as Q50. so the hunt for trim K, Q50 RS400 black sunvisors continues.
I looked on ebay for you when you first asked about compatibility and I saw a gazillion black Q60 visors and like 0-1 Q50 visors and couldn't tell if they were interchangeable or not. But they look darn close! Aren't you just going to re-wrap/upholster yours?

Check junk yards? Check your local CL for a part-out?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I looked on ebay for you when you first asked about compatibility and I saw a gazillion black Q60 visors and like 0-1 Q50 visors and couldn't tell if they were interchangeable or not. But they look darn close! Aren't you just going to re-wrap/upholster yours?

Check junk yards? Check your local CL for a part-out?
trying to reupholster the visors look like they'll be a PITA.

i am going to double check junk yard again but when i checked before, 96% are tan. and ones that are listed black, aren't.

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Showed up today.

Reactions: ridinonrails

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Shoot, maybe I shudda chose 'Jet Black'. :S

Oh well.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,973 Posts
Buy a Jet Black one and put it over that?

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts
Shoot, maybe I shudda chose 'Jet Black'. :S

Oh well.
Go back and look at my pic in post 57...Jet Black. The stuff doesn't photograph accurately. Live with it for a few days and you will notice nothing....especially restraint system stickers.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
i just ordered the jet black one, hopefully i get it by fri/sat. i also get my black, RS400 survivors in tomorrow 😁😁😁

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD - Black Obsidian
47 Posts
i just ordered the jet black one, hopefully i get it by fri/sat. i also get my black, RS400 survivors in tomorrow 😁😁😁
Curious, where did you end up finding the visors? I have the same model.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Curious, where did you end up finding the visors? I have the same model.
i found them on car-part.com (they coming from a junk yard in philadelphia) I should be receiving them (mail) tomorrow, will post once in hand (hopefully right color/pair cause i ordered thru LKQ before and they sent me the wrong color, grey). i also ordered and received the sunvisor solutions sticker cover things (jet black)

will post tomorrow both and see how we end up, color wise

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
so, the RS400 black sunvisor i was suppose to get came in, AGAIN, the wrong color. 2 weeks of back and forth to get my refund.

i attempted again to locate and order another pair of black, RS400 sunvisors. this time, had junk yard verify (in hand) the sunvisors. just received now😁

with flash

the sunvisor solution color is Jet Black 4184.

now, i will coordinate with my brother to disassemble the interior, to pull the headliner out, wrap it in suede, and reassemble everything back.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD - Black Obsidian
47 Posts
so, the RS400 black sunvisor i was suppose to get came in, AGAIN, the wrong color. 2 weeks of back and forth to get my refund.

i attempted again to locate and order another pair of black, RS400 sunvisors. this time, had junk yard verify (in hand) the sunvisors. just received now😁

View attachment 93410

View attachment 93411

with flash
View attachment 93412

the sunvisor solution color is Jet Black 4184.

now, i will coordinate with my brother to disassemble the interior, to pull the headliner out, wrap it in suede, and reassemble everything back.
Looks good, interested in what the finished product will look like.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looks amazing! This whole build has been really enjoyable to watch from the start. I hope you know I think about you whenever i walk to my car and see those horrible beige A-pillars from outside the windshield.

Also I cant tell if that room lamp trim/sunglasses plastic compartment was just colored that bad or if its yellowing :/. Maybe just keep my eyes on the road and I'll be fine haha.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Looks amazing! This whole build has been really enjoyable to watch from the start. I hope you know I think about you whenever i walk to my car and see those horrible beige A-pillars from outside the windshield.

Also I cant tell if that room lamp trim/sunglasses plastic compartment was just colored that bad or if its yellowing :/. Maybe just keep my eyes on the road and I'll be fine haha.
yes, its painted the same as the other interior pieces but for some reason, didn't come out great. my plan it's to locate the RS400 piece as the buttons on mine are still tan (eye sore).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Oh I wasnt talking about yours haha. I was talking about the stock beige colored room lamp unit. It just looks off compared to the headliner and I cant tell if the plastic is starting to yellow or its just that off.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
installed.

last step, wrap complete headliner in suede..

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Nice ridin. So, you are ok with the visors not being in suede, when everything else is? Did you ever find out if the (black) Q50 and Q60 visors are interchangeable?

81 - 100 of 114 Posts