Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Nice ridin. So, you are ok with the visors not being in suede, when everything else is? Did you ever find out if the (black) Q50 and Q60 visors are interchangeable?
yeah, i'll be ok. the seams seem rather difficult to wrap.
nope , never did. maybe if a salvage yard has a Q60 sunvisor for like $20bucks, i'll buy and compare.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,823 Posts
yeah, i'll be ok. the seams seem rather difficult to wrap.
nope , never did. maybe if a salvage yard has a Q60 sunvisor for like $20bucks, i'll buy and compare.
I am still trying to find out if a 2017+ Q60 shift knob and boot is the same as the 2018+ knob/boot, because it seems all the knobs for sale are Q60.

Hmmmm, actually, I think this might answer my question and affirm that the knobs are the same. :)

But this listing for a Q60 boot says the boots are not compatible. :( I can't find a Q50 boot.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I’ve always hated those stickers from day one. I have the silver/gray up top. It looks so ugly down, holding a sun shade in place.

I always thought that there’d be a “sock” you could slip over it.

What is the clip for? Registration/POI? Lame

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I’ve always hated those stickers from day one. I have the silver/gray up top. It looks so ugly down, holding a sun shade in place.

I always thought that there’d be a “sock” you could slip over it.

What is the clip for? Registration/POI? Lame

View attachment 93660
ummm, not too sure.. probably for documents. i sometimes put my parking lot pass there.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
ummm, not too sure.. probably for documents. i sometimes put my parking lot pass there.
Yeah, usually documents are kept tucked topside, not dangling down on that side though, no?

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
Yeah, usually documents are kept tucked topside, not dangling down on that side though, no?
I forget what the owner's manual says it's for. I think it does address it.

In the '95 and '96 4th gen Maxima, there was a slit in the front wall of the center console where the tab of a removable cupholder would slide in to. In '97+, Nissan stopped providing the cupholder. They changed the owner's manual to call the slit a business card holder!!! lol

What I wish our 50s had is what my TL has. At the end of the sunvisor, there is an extendable visor that comes out of the sunvisor.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I forget what the owner's manual says it's for. I think it does address it.

In the '95 and '96 4th gen Maxima, there was a slit in the front wall of the center console where the tab of a removable cupholder would slide in to. In '97+, Nissan stopped providing the cupholder. They changed the owner's manual to call the slit a business card holder!!! lol

What I wish our 50s had is what my TL has. At the end of the sunvisor, there is an extendable visor that comes out of the sunvisor.
My Legend has a little middle one.

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
OMG! I am so excited! So, I pulled out the owner's manual to see what they call that "paperwork holder" clip on the sunvisors. Well, 1.) They don't acknowledge it at all, as far as I can tell but 2.) I am so stoked..... I totally missed this feature while reading the manual two times already, cover to cover..... when you swing the visor to the side window, you can then extend and slide the visor along the visor's rod. Awesome!

I ran and tried it out. Works great.

I feel like a kid at X-Mas with a new toy! lol

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
OMG! I am so excited! So, I pulled out the owner's manual to see what they call that "paperwork holder" clip on the sunvisors. Well, 1.) They don't acknowledge it at all, as far as I can tell but 2.) I am so stoked..... I totally missed this feature while reading the manual two times already, cover to cover..... when you swing the visor to the side window, you can then extend and slide the visor along the visor's rod. Awesome!

I ran and tried it out. Works great.

I feel like a kid at X-Mas with a new toy! lol
No comments? So, let me run through the possibilities here.

1.) No one saw post # 108
2.) I typed with invisible ink in post # 108
3.) People saw post # 108, and already knew about the sunvisor slide.
4.) People saw post # 108, and did not know about the sunvisor slide, but do not care.
5.) No one thinks this feature is as cool as I do.
6.) This insightful bit of information is buried in a 'wrap' thread so it is not getting the traffic it deserves.
7.) Enjoy your sliding visors, but just drop it ptato.

:)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
No comments? So, let me run through the possibilities here.

1.) No one saw post # 108
2.) I typed with invisible ink in post # 108
3.) People saw post # 108, and already knew about the sunvisor slide.
4.) People saw post # 108, and did not know about the sunvisor slide, but do not care.
5.) No one thinks this feature is as cool as I do.
6.) This insightful bit of information is buried in a 'wrap' thread so it is not getting the traffic it deserves.
7.) Enjoy your sliding visors, but just drop it ptato.

:)
😂😂😂 #3 ... sorry to not join in your elation

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,973 Posts
It's just a sliding visor, not the second coming of Christ.

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
It's just a sliding visor, not the second coming of Christ.
So, # 7 A53?

Dude, over 24 hours later, I am still on cloud 9! I need to go for a drive, heading north on I-15, with the sun setting to my west! :yup: :nod:

I'll take the sliding visor over the 2nd coming any day! ;)

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD - Black Obsidian
47 Posts
OP, any update?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
OP, any update?
been hella busy with work and such (switched jobs). more than likely, gonna aim to try to do the headliner sometime next month. thats the last piece/part that needs to be done

Reactions: YoungRizz
101 - 114 of 114 Posts