Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could the LS be far behind?

Lexus Finally Makes A Decision About Aging IS Sedan

Ah, the mantra of Japanese luxury: ZOMG trying is too hard! Can't spend R&D money! Quick! Cancel all our sedans and rebadge some more Rav4s and Rogues!

Effing lame. Seriously, aside from Genesis, right now Asian luxury is a complete and utter ZERO. Enjoy the Q50 while it lasts- I bet it's gone in 3 years. Just like the now-dead Q70. If the nameplate continues, it won't be the same car. It'll be a CUV or raised crossover sedan with the QX50's FWD platform, VC-turbo I-4 and a CVT. WINNING! :sleep:

The Germans will take every sale from Lexus, Infiniti and Acura and quite frankly they deserve them. These are three brands that just do not give a :poop:

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
It's hard to justify continuing with sedans when you are looking at sales figures. No one except the true sports car manufacturers cares about the enthusiasts. The car guy that wants interesting four doors is dwindling fast.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
It's hard to justify continuing with sedans when you are looking at sales figures. No one except the true sports car manufacturers cares about the enthusiasts. The car guy that wants interesting four doors is dwindling fast.
Sorry Pill, I'm not driving a big SUV, or a Pickup truck, not in my future, if Companies walk away from nice Sedans I will move on to someone who still cares.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
When the kids are grown, and you're wondering what to drive as you make your way towards retirement:

0-60 in 3.6 seconds! From a turbocharged 2.5 cyl I-5 engine... 400-hp & 350 ft-lb tg. Hmm, wait, isn't the VR30DDTT engine the same spec in the Red Sports??? Yup. Say what you will, but to do the same hp & tq with one less cylinder... wow.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Is that a 'wow' at hp / cylinder or hp / liter? That's also 500 lbs less with quick tranny. But i also think it is a great car, better than our beloved Q's IMO. I like the look of RS5 and R8 better though.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
When the kids are grown, and you're wondering what to drive as you make your way towards retirement:

0-60 in 3.6 seconds! From a turbocharged 2.5 cyl I-5 engine... 400-hp & 350 ft-lb tg. Hmm, wait, isn't the VR30DDTT engine the same spec in the Red Sports??? Yup. Say what you will, but to do the same hp & tq with one less cylinder... wow.
That's the TT.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If Acura does the TLX Type-S right, they could have a home run.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

The shop that I get my car Dynoed, they specialize in German Autos, they are working in an 1100 whp TT, at the moment.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The title reads “Lexus killing off its sedans...”

The article says, “We reported over a year ago about Lexus' plans to launch a redesigned IS for 2021. Apparently that plan is no longer happening. But don't worry because the IS isn't going anywhere.”

Is that really killing it off?

·
Registered
521 Posts
The title reads “Lexus killing off its sedans...”

The article says, “We reported over a year ago about Lexus' plans to launch a redesigned IS for 2021. Apparently that plan is no longer happening. But don't worry because the IS isn't going anywhere.”

Is that really killing it off?
This.. I was reading the article waiting for an announcement that the IS was discontinued.. didn't see it... I'm suprised it took 10 posts before this was pointed out lol

Edit: title clearly states redesigns canceled. My bad. I still don't think they are killing their sedans tho

1 - 12 of 12 Posts