Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a 2015 Infiniti q50s and for some reason lately the car keeps going into limp mode. The car was perfectly fine before I recently installed two parts. After those two parts the car keeps going into limp mode and I got the car tuned each time I put on any performance mod. The list of mods I have are as follows before the limp mode issues:

- ART pipes, Megan catless downpipes, muffler delete, stillen oil cooler, stillen transmission cooler

after all of those I tuned the car and it made good power if I'm not mistaken it was around 315whp

a couple months ago I put the following mods on:

- stillen cold air intake, motorydyne intake manifold (M370), stillen lightweight crank pulley

after installing those mods I started getting the limp mode issues. I will be driving and all of a sudden the car feels like it loses most of its power. I have to turn the car off and then it starts working fine. Recently I cleaned my MAFS (mass air flow sensors) and that helped the issue greatly but here and there the car still goes into limp mode. I have taken it to my tuner a few times and he can't seem to find the issue and he's even sent the tune to uprev (thats the tune I'm using) and they haven't been able to figure out anything either. They have tried changing a lot of things in the tune but still the car will go into limp mode. Has anyone else experienced anything similar to that or if they can recommend anything to fix the issue.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I read about Stillen air intakes being a huge issue. My bet is for that. Others interested and in the know on our cars intakes will chime in. That's my guess though.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Get an OBD2 reader, maybe its the missing CATs. The ECU might be taking it safe by going into LIMP mode.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think it has to do with the missing cats. I have had that mod for almost a year and no issues. Only started happening once I installed the intakes and intake manifold.

·
Registered
336 Posts
There is your problem right there.
Im not so sure about that as its a NA car. If the MAF readings were off, he would have a CEL.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don't think it has to do with the missing cats. I have had that mod for almost a year and no issues. Only started happening once I installed the intakes and intake manifold.
If you have an OBD2 reader, try looking for pending codes. Make sure the intake manifold has no leaks and all connectors are secured.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I have a 2014 q50 3.7 and I recently bought the sr5 cat less test pipes with resonator and got them installed, im a tech myself. And the check engine light came on which I spected that. But now the car is going on limp mode, looses all the power. Any idea what I can do. I just had this done a few days ago so I haven’t tuned it with no one. Any idea what I can do. Thanks

·
Registered
2015 infiniti q50 premium 3.7
2 Posts
I only got this issue once i got tuned still cant figured the issue out its driving me nuts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts