Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jocelyn: Thank you for contacting Infiniti Owner Services, my name is Jocelyn. How may I help you today?
You: Hi Jocelyn. I just got my new Q50 and I am trying to figure out how to get Pandora on my intouch screen. Can you help me with that?
Jocelyn: I'd be happy to assist you today and congratulations on your purchase!
You: thanks!
Jocelyn: May I have your last name, e-mail address and VIN being used in your owners portal please?
You: xxxx
Jocelyn: xxxx, the Infiniti InTouch apps are not yet available to display on your screen.
Jocelyn: With the Pandora, if you have it available in your smart phone you will only be able to use with a USB cord.
Jocelyn: None of the InTouch apps are available yet though.
Jocelyn: We are working to provide a seamless experience for you.
Jocelyn: I apologize for any inconveniences you are facing.
Jocelyn: Do you have any further questions today, xxxx?
Jocelyn: I should specify if the smartphone is an iPhone.
You: couple of questions for you
Jocelyn: Yes...
You: i don't have an iphone. i have an android phone. are the apps available for android?
Jocelyn: No. None of the apps are available yet. Unfortunately, I am unable to even provide a timeline for you.
Jocelyn: You will get notification to bring your vehicle in for an update for InTouch Apps.
Jocelyn: Then, when features become available
Jocelyn: You will be notified via e-mail, call, letter...
You: ok- so I understand. i received a card to download the intouch app to my phone. no app there-- i guess that's because it's not ready. so, the marketing folks were premature in handing out this info since it's not ready yet? Correct?
Jocelyn: Correct.
Jocelyn: Again, I do apologize. It should not be much longer though.
You: it's not your fault. infiniti should really not sell something with a car that doesn't actually exist
You: not great for customer service and makes the dealers look misleading
Jocelyn: I understand. We too are waiting and getting excited! Do you have any other questions today.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Where do they have this chat?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not even a timeline though? That is pretty sad. #FAIL

This doesn't make Infiniti look very nice. I bet doing customer service via instant messaging is a less intense experience than doing the same directly over the phone.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Not even a timeline though? That is pretty sad. #FAIL

This doesn't make Infiniti look very nice. I bet doing customer service via instant messaging is a less intense experience than doing the same directly over the phone.
Ye it's a bummer.
I would guess though they don't want to commit to something and then miss the date.
It's kind of a culteral thing.

I hate to say something that might sound racist, but Japanese in terms of engineering are very rigurous and process oriented.
So they aren't fast.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Ye it's a bummer.
I would guess though they don't want to commit to something and then miss the date.

I hate to say something that might sound racist, but Japanese in terms of engineering are very rigurous and process oriented.
So they aren't fast.
Has nothing to do with race. If just a failure on Nissan / Infiniti part in releasing a car about 3 years to early & Marketing something that didn't exist.

Apps are already available on other Japanese cars. Pandora for example works perfectly on Lexus enForm system.

As for lagging, my intouch was FASTER than enForm before the update. After the update, my intouch is LAGGING like a mofo.

It's some crappy v 1.9 update that the dealer forgot to install back in Nov when I got the car. They decided to install it 2 weeks ago and made everything worse.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ye it's a bummer.

So they aren't fast.
Why it would be racist? The sticker on the door "100% made and assembled in Japan" made big part of my choice to buy my Q50. Although the leaking shocks on the front hood were made in China and I had to have them replaced. LOL.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I doubt they installed the wrong one. As, its automated. The service rep got a notification on the screen.

But who knows, this is Infiniti and we all know how stupid they are.

Edit. Looks like I also have the latest 2.3.7.0646. update. But all I know it started lagging after the ver 1.9 update. Took longer to boot and to switch from radio to sat.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
My 2001 Acura MDX had touch screen Navi. VBX wrong again.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Maybe buy a honda accord? Haha jk. Thought this thread was getting slightly out of control so I figure I contribute. LOL

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
There are 3 methods of navi control (touch, knob, voice). They all have their good and bad points. However, the touch screen has the biggest handicap, it has to be placed at a convenient operational distance which lacks sufficient hooding to eliminate reflections.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
There are 3 methods of navi control (touch, knob, voice). They all have their good and bad points. However, the touch screen has the biggest handicap, it has to be placed at a convenient operational distance which lacks sufficient hooding to eliminate reflections.
Hmm, Good point.
I never thought of that, but I have my seat pretty far back.
If I had to do everything by touch it would be a major pain just constantly reaching the screen. :(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.