Jesus H. Christ....Jalopnik's posters are the best at the puns:

Capture 1.JPG
Capture 2.JPG
Capture 3.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I was just reading this and came to see if anyone else saw this juicy news story... Also go yes those are some terra-ific puns.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah man...I'm on it. Ironically enough, I am member of Confidential Renault, a French blog cite dedicated to Groupe Renault Motorsport (mostly Renault Formula 1). One of the members there posted a French news article about 2 hours ago on the subject....so I went to Google...and the pages were filled with links.

Man, Nissan (even though this is not their fault) really do look like "Mr. Can't Get Right"...LOL!

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Lebanon is easier to get to than Jupiter's moon Titan. He sounds live a Versa-tile guy and will be fine if everyone would just Leaf him alone.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,094 Posts
Lebanon is easier to get to than Jupiter's moon Titan. He sounds live a Versa-tile guy and will be fine if everyone would just Leaf him alone.
He'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitstaff.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
He is holding his news conference this morning, seen on CNBC.

My takeaway? Wow, what a narcissist... but apparently he has documents proving his innocence.

"The Nissan stock is down 35% since my departure..."

Rambled on about the Nissan, Renault, Mistu alliance... which shifted to "I should have been the GM CEO"; "I was asked by Obama's Car Czar if I wanted to be the GM CEO..."

"I am innocent of all charges."

"I love Japan" said multiple times...

"I was the 1st to come back to Japan after the tsunami..." Do you want a medal?

"I am not greedy..."

And he failed to answer any questions related to his escape. I read a good article last night how he was moved out of Japan - in a concert equipment box with holes in the bottom. The airport chosen had a small business jet area/lounge, which was "off the beaten path" of the larger commercial area of the airport. The box was too big to go through the x-ray, and it was NOT hand scanned upon departure. The departure time was late in the evening, when they knew security staff was at a minimum. This smuggling operation had alot of pre-scouting and involved many people, who will now take the fall, including the pilots of the business jet.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently, also aided by a former Green Beret (who concocted the escape plan): An Ex-Green Beret and an Airport Security Fail: How Former Nissan Boss Carlos Ghosn Escaped Japan

I watched the presser as well. Disclaimer I would be hypocritical to say he should be rounded up and taken back to Japan; because, if I was in his shoes and also had the means and wherewithal, I would have done the same [email protected] thing...if not sooner!!!

With that said, 'narcissist' may only be the beginning into how to describe this man. I would have been very ignorant by not realizing there would be a bunch of "I's, and innocent, and what I've done....blah blah", before watching this presser. But even still, watching him attempt to self-exonerate was a painstaking event.....what a pompous @ass!!!! Yet, he made it quite obvious and acceptable that he did not dance alone as this very sad song played (still playing). Nissan, the Japanese judicial system, h3ll, even Renault and the media have cut-a-rug right aside him.

And the media during this presser, their soft-volley questions to which we already knew the answers to and to which Ghosn set the stage to what he would and wouldn't discuss - we learned nothing new. I wish I could have Ghosn-ed my way into that room to lick off a few questions as to why Nissan (and Renault) find themselves in these current predicaments. Rest assured, he would not have been able to slither away with the answers he gave about Nissan and autonomy blah blah, or Renault and full merger blah blah.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Haven't had a chance to Watch the interview myself but it sounds like the poorly written articles were more a result of the subject matter
being immaterial to proving his guilt or innocence... Wish they actually said that in their articles.

Based on you're guys reactions it sounds like Ghosn is leaning hard on the pity card and I have none to give him.

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
I know little about Lebanon...will he be able to maintain the lifestyle to which he is accustomed in that country? It's not really the part of the world I would want to be in right now in case the missiles start flying fast and furious.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I know little about Lebanon...will he be able to maintain the lifestyle to which he is accustomed in that country? It's not really the part of the world I would want to be in right now in case the missiles start flying fast and furious.
From what I know it's actually a pretty decent country to live given the region, but yeah given recent affairs can't say I'd want to be anywhere near Iran... Really want to talk politics
about that as well... Sadly as we've learned in the past that never ends well. lol

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,094 Posts
I don't think I'd want to be an American in a middle-east Muslim country. You might as well put a target on your back...or say you're from Canada.

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
From what I know it's actually a pretty decent country to live given the region, but yeah given recent affairs can't say I'd want to be anywhere near Iran... Really want to talk politics
about that as well... Sadly as we've learned in the past that never ends well. lol
Yeah, politics is such a volatile subject I never venture into those threads on forums that do have a place for them.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I don't think I'd want to be an American in a middle-east Muslim country. You might as well put a target on your back...or say you're from Canada.
It's the safe way to travel. XD

Yeah, politics is such a volatile subject I never venture into those threads on forums that do have a place for them.
Yep, just a lot of current events and it's always nice to hear from another perspective.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts