Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by the local Chevy dealership as I saw an arrest-me-red 2022 C8 Stingray on their lot. The Mulroney sticker was conveniently missing and replaced with a dealer listing instead. It didn't say what trim level it was (1LT, 2LT, or 3LT) but listed leather seats and optional wheels. It had 913 miles on it and they wanted $100K for it. Even a 3LT trim Stingray's MSRP is $74K. A 2LT is $69K and a 1LT is $62K. $25K to $35K dealer markup on a used C8? Sad thing is that $100K price is about what they're going for on Autotrader.

No salesperson bothered to come out and talk to me when I parked my Q right next to it and was walking around the car. I guess they sell themselves.

Reactions: Wheels43

· Premium Member
Allen, Texas
1,024 Posts
Those are nice looking cars. I just know getting in and out of one requires a bit more stretching and calisthenics.

· Registered
2019 - Q50 - 3.0t - JB1 - axle back exhaust - 19" with 255s
106 Posts
Would be a great weekend/get away car. The performance is outstanding. Don't think I would want for a daily driver.

· Premium Member
Jacksonville, FL
421 Posts
It's a budget Ferrari 458. I like them👍

Reactions: jodedor

· Registered
3,000 Posts
I respect the C8 big time. But I like the C7 better. Maybe I’m a traditionalist, but I like my vettes front mount and for the price would rather have a Porsche if I was going to get a MR.

Reactions: Scarlet RaceCar

· Registered
Rochester, NY
305 Posts
I respect the C8 big time. But I like the C7 better. Maybe I’m a traditionalist, but I like my vettes front mount and for the price would rather have a Porsche if I was going to get a MR.
A C7 can be had with a manual tranny as well unlike the C8.

· Registered
2021 Q50 Sig. Edition
304 Posts
I stopped by the local Chevy dealership as I saw an arrest-me-red 2022 C8 Stingray on their lot. The Mulroney sticker was conveniently missing and replaced with a dealer listing instead. It didn't say what trim level it was (1LT, 2LT, or 3LT) but listed leather seats and optional wheels. It had 913 miles on it and they wanted $100K for it. Even a 3LT trim Stingray's MSRP is $74K. A 2LT is $69K and a 1LT is $62K. $25K to $35K dealer markup on a used C8? Sad thing is that $100K price is about what they're going for on Autotrader.

No salesperson bothered to come out and talk to me when I parked my Q right next to it and was walking around the car. I guess they sell themselves.
If it's a new car, I'm pretty sure they're not legally allowed to remove the manufacturer's sticker.

It's interesting to me that the government flips out when price gouging occurs (and not just on commodities), but somehow seems to be completely ok with looking the other way while dealers mark up vehicle prices at will. It's a broken system for sure, with no clear end in sight.

· Registered
2019 Q50 Signature Edition
959 Posts
I hope to get a base C8 once I hit my salary goals. Would probably get rid of the VR and get a VQ to daily and the C8 would be my weekend warrior

· Registered
603 Posts
There were 3 C8s in my area.....all of them for 100K (30K mark up)
They all sold, I don't know what idiot is actually buying these unless they actually have "**** you" kinda money.

But man I really want a C8 really bad, the normal stingray by themselves are just amazing cars.

I'd get a Z06 but I'd go to jail trying to rev out the car so I can hear the engine sing

Reactions: BlaQBetty

· Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,705 Posts
Sad thing is that $100K price is about what they're going for on Autotrader.

Good thing the salespeople ignored you...that purchase would have really tested the understanding you have with your wife! "Honey this is no different than the window tinting I purchased without telling you"!

· Registered
7,054 Posts
Design wise I like the C7 more but can't deny Chevy did a hell of a job with the C8 especially at that price, 100K is nuts though and is your
wife really going to let you have a mid-engine super car as your weekend car with the weather you get? lol

· Registered
Rochester, NY
305 Posts
It's a budget Ferrari 458. I like them👍
Here’s my ”poor man’s” Ferrari! Though with the prices in these things climbing like crazy I just may be able to sell it soon for a real Ferrari! 😂

Attachments

Reactions: Kraken and mapleDom

· Registered
1,555 Posts
Give it a few years. Dealer markups won't last like that as long as Chevy keeps making them. It also can't hurt at all to wait for the first minor refresh year which will fix common complaints and issues. There will still be a dealer markup, but they won't get away to this degree with it for the entire lifespan of the C8. The C8 is still just new and sought after.

Similar story with the F150 lightning. It's designed and billed as a consumer vehicle to substitute ~F-150 Limited buyers. It's just a rare find right now, and everyone wants one. Once the truck is more commonplace, those insane Ford markups will decline as well.

· Registered
1,555 Posts
As for the C8 itself. I think it's a beautiful car, and they did a fantastic job with it. I will still always understand the appeal of the C7 and previous Corvettes, but the C8 is a wonderfully built and styled vehicle - especially for the price range (even when marked up)

Excited for what the aftermarket community has in store for it when it's more accessible and mainstream. You can also bet your ass it was designed with HEV/Electric potential in mind for future trims. These things will be budget supercar-rivaling beasts.

· Registered
Rochester, NY
305 Posts
About 8 miles from where I live there is a Corvette dealer with a huge used low mileage Corvette collection. They also claim to have the largest allocation of new C8s in New York State. I told my wife, at some point, I’d like to sell the MR2 and and put the money toward a C8.

· Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake /also stillen Gen 2 long tube intake-
1,072 Posts
You are right about the window sticker,,but enforcement is lax,,gouging is the word from gasoline to groceries,,10k fine PER OFFENSE if state ever audits dealership,,also leaving personal info unsecure,,credit info,,etc,,after 70-80 people coming up to add their comments,,human nature takes over,,ie,,lazy,,disgruntled,,world owes me everything " etc,,lol

· Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,960 Posts
Supply and demand...just like toilet paper in 2020. Although if I had to pick between bathroom tissue and a Corvette, I'd probably pick the TP. I don't like the sun (for the requisite tan) and I do not own any gold chains. And I don't have a trophy wife to help me get out of the car.

Reactions: mapleDom

· Super Moderator
4,220 Posts
And I don't have a trophy wife to help me get out of the car.
But if you're over 60 and have a gray head of hair, then you fit the perfect demographic of a Corvette owner..

Reactions: VIVID

· Registered
4,928 Posts
Aren't you arriving a little late to your mid-life crises?:cool:

Seriously, that is an awesome car. Where else can you get that performance for that money? What are you waiting for?

Reactions: jodedor
1 - 20 of 54 Posts