Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

· Registered
2018 Signature.(sold)
2,960 Posts
Supply and demand...just like toilet paper in 2020. Although if I had to pick between bathroom tissue and a Corvette, I'd probably pick the TP. I don't like the sun (for the requisite tan) and I do not own any gold chains. And I don't have a trophy wife to help me get out of the car.
Hey, Pill I came close to getting a Bentley convertible last weekend, for our 25th anniversary, I would have put my gold chain on, my wife wanted a convertible when we got married, and taken a picture. But decided to invite my close family and spend the $600 on food instead.

· Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,967 Posts
But if you're over 60 and have a gray head of hair, then you fit the perfect demographic of a Corvette owner..
If I still had a head of hair I wouldn't worry about the tan so much - a sunburned bald head is a very painful experience.

· Premium Member
6,967 Posts
Hey, Pill I came close to getting a Bentley convertible last weekend, for our 25th anniversary, I would have put my gold chain on, my wife wanted a convertible when we got married, and taken a picture. But decided to invite my close family and spend the $600 on food instead.
If $600 was your budget, it must have been a Lego Bentley you were looking at.

And congratulations on 25 years...today is our 23rd.

· Premium Member
Allen, Texas
1,026 Posts
Just past our 26th - kudos to you both!

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Reactions: [email protected]

· Registered
2018 Signature.(sold)
2,960 Posts
If $600 was your budget, it must have been a Lego Bentley you were looking at.

And congratulations on 25 years...today is our 23rd.
For the weekend, and all the best to you both.(y)When I had the recalls done for the Lexus, they used an outside rental place. Very high end rentals, I was given a Toyota Carola, here I was eyeballing the Ferrari, Bentley, C8. But they wouldn't give me one for the day.

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

· Registered
2018 Signature.(sold)
2,960 Posts
I vaguely remember being 65.
I don't look at the numbers anymore, all I know is that I can get my hands on some pension money. That is coming to me.

· Premium Member
6,967 Posts
Turning 65 and signing up for Medicare was a real eye opening moment.

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Turning 65 and signing up for Medicare was a real eye opening moment.
Your pain is only beginning. Every year from now on you will be inundated with phone calls around your birthday, trying to sell you Medicare Advantage supplemental insurance.

· Registered
8 Posts
It's a known fact that red sport cars sell for high prices during full moons:) Don't make rash decisions on red cars on the full moon

Nice car though but unless you are wildly rich, $100k is a lot of money

· Registered
1,562 Posts
It's a known fact that red sport cars sell for high prices during full moons:) Don't make rash decisions on red cars on the full moon

Nice car though but unless you are wildly rich, $100k is a lot of money
And hopefully if you're wildly rich then you're smart enough to buy something else since this car will not hold 100k value as long as you would want. Really curious how people are going to feel in a couple years when they're upside down on their loans and have a rolling liability in their garage.

· Registered
2015 Q50S Hybrid AWD
58 Posts
I respect the C8 big time. But I like the C7 better. Maybe I’m a traditionalist, but I like my vettes front mount and for the price would rather have a Porsche if I was going to get a MR.
Agreed. A Vette without a long hood that can’t be had with a stick (for those so inclined) just doesn’t seem like a Vette.

· Registered
29 Posts
And hopefully if you're wildly rich then you're smart enough to buy something else since this car will not hold 100k value as long as you would want. Really curious how people are going to feel in a couple years when they're upside down on their loans and have a rolling liability in their garage.
Agreed. Everyone that's paying over sticker right now is going to be in a whole world of hurt once the supply shortage is better & dealers are dropping the prices to compete for business. On the other hand, if you trade in a car when getting a new one, you're not in a bad position (assuming you're not paying OVER sticker). Nobody used to pay MSRP for normal cars. Nowadays you don't get a good deal on the selling price of the car, but your trade is worth a hell of a lot more than it was 2 years ago. Who knows, maybe the world will end before we're able to witness the downfall :oops:

· Registered
4,929 Posts
I don't think Avedis will be taking out a loan.

Reactions: jodedor
21 - 40 of 54 Posts