Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
The angle that the rev 9 bolts to the OEM muffler with seems like the problem to me. I messed with the muffler hangers and got it pretty much where it needs to be. I have isr downpipes with high flow cats and I think without the reasonators I would be getting rasp. It's an easy fix if you want to install reasonators at a later time.
I have ISR ldps and when i added them to my borla i got the rasp and trumpet but resinators did mitigate that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The angle that the rev 9 bolts to the OEM muffler with seems like the problem to me. I messed with the muffler hangers and got it pretty much where it needs to be.
Did you bend the hangers down closer to the muffler body to lift the tips up?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Did you bend the hangers down closer to the muffler body to lift the tips up?
Yeah, I tried that. The torch I have doesn't get it hot enough. When I get the chance that's what the final solution will be. For now I used some bigger bolts inside the rubber hangers to push the muffler up a bit. Not pretty but will work until I can bend those hangers. Now that it's getting warmer I should do that soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, I tried that. The torch I have doesn't get it hot enough.
I may also try "lengthening" the mid-pipe a little by slipping the clamped joint. I think this should "rotate" the axelback tips a little higher.
But first, I'm going to spend a little time hooking up my EWG wires. I'm looking forward to the low end responsiveness that it should provide.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
I may also try "lengthening" the mid-pipe a little by slipping the clamped joint. I think this should "rotate" the axelback tips a little higher.
But first, I'm going to spend a little time hooking up my EWG wires. I'm looking forward to the low end responsiveness that it should provide.
I think playing with the piping will probably fix it. It's just hard on jack stands. The ewg wires make a huge difference.

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake custom axel-back 3inch resonated exhaust
286 Posts
I did a custom 3" axel back muffler delete with dual hi flow 12" resonators,,and while driving it often sounds like sweet 🎺 trumpets playing vq music..
$600 all in..
Motor vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Grille

121 - 127 of 127 Posts