Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2016 q5 RED 400
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have a leak somewhere where my downpipes are and infiniti won't help me because it's too modded and where I live in Connecticut there is no one I can find to help me, I'm pretty sure there is a missing bolt or something small... is any one from the New England region that can help me or refer me to someone, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,703 Posts
You can try Yelp. Good luck.

·
Registered
652 Posts
The dealer won't take your money to have a mechanic do mechanic stuff? I've seen non-infinitis at the dealership service area. Those are pretty heavily modded, as in they aren't infinitis at all.

·
Registered
2016 q5 RED 400
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope they told me I need to put the car back to stock, I paid 212 for then to stick a computer in because there was a code that was infiniti locked ...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The dealer won't take your money to have a mechanic do mechanic stuff? I've seen non-infinitis at the dealership service area. Those are pretty heavily modded, as in they aren't infinitis at all.
The only time a dealer won't work on a vehicle because its heavily modded is when it comes to warranty work OR the customer is a problem customer. But otherwise, they'll take your money so something is missing in the story but he has a MY16 so don't think any factory warranty left unless he purchased extended

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,278 Posts
Maybe it's local emission laws that are preventing the shop from working on a car with a modified exhaust system?

·
Registered
2016 q5 RED 400
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just looking for someone who knows q50s or a reputable shop in New England, lots of mechanics say they can do work but they only know g35 g37 platforms

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
732 Posts
I was kinda curious as to why a modded car would be turned away so I looked into it. I asked my service manager and whereas I thought it would because of liability issue, come to find out it's just because they are D*CK's. According to him, the only mods that might be turned away by us are lifted trucks or slammed cars because of our lifts. Unless it's warranty work issues I'm not really sure why they would mind, especially the service writer lmao, he's not even doing the work! Sorry to hear about it but if you are in VA, let me know and our shop will help you out.

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
278 Posts
i've asked the same question, haven't gotten really an answer. just want a shop to trust. i've only seen these 2 as verified shops that have worked on numerous Q50/Q60:

and
AllOutMotorworks (no website but FB & IG accounts)
*recommended by youtuber boostinmotion

i'm actually headed there saturday to finally install my downpipes.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I know dealerships have always been a challenge for service but that usually comes out around warranty work. Lately though I've run into some BS from non-dealership mechanic shops. I wanted to change my tires and brakes at the same time. I figured it would be easier to both since both cause the wheels to come off. I got so much run around. One shop said they can only change my brake pads if I purchase new calipers as well. Another couldnt give me a quote over the phone for replacing the pads unless they could see the car in person. I just wanted a ballpark estimate for budgeting. Then I got shops telling me they had a 1-2 month wait to install my CBE.

Finally I just took the car to a tire shop and then the dealership for brakes. When I called Midas the day I received my CBE, they put it on within 2 hours.
I don't know if my experience is related to all the people quitting their jobs, but its like nobody wants to make money anymore. I wasn't looking for a discount anywhere. In fact I offered a premium to get some shops to take care of me. I was really looking for that shop i could trust and return to over time with all the work I want to do going forward. I found only the dealership to be a suitable partner.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,703 Posts
I know dealerships have always been a challenge for service but that usually comes out around warranty work. Lately though I've run into some BS from non-dealership mechanic shops. I wanted to change my tires and brakes at the same time. I figured it would be easier to both since both cause the wheels to come off. I got so much run around. One shop said they can only change my brake pads if I purchase new calipers as well. Another couldnt give me a quote over the phone for replacing the pads unless they could see the car in person. I just wanted a ballpark estimate for budgeting. Then I got shops telling me they had a 1-2 month wait to install my CBE.

Finally I just took the car to a tire shop and then the dealership for brakes. When I called Midas the day I received my CBE, they put it on within 2 hours.
I don't know if my experience is related to all the people quitting their jobs, but its like nobody wants to make money anymore. I wasn't looking for a discount anywhere. In fact I offered a premium to get some shops to take care of me. I was really looking for that shop i could trust and return to over time with all the work I want to do going forward. I found only the dealership to be a suitable partner.
SRS, feel free to cruise over if you ever want to work on your car together.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I was thinking about that. We are so close.

Reactions: ptatohed
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.