Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were shopping for the Q50 Hybrid and we went to a number of dealers to try and get the best deal. We have a trade-in vehicle so we decided to take it to CarMax for another opinion.

A couple of dealers were within a few hundred dollars of each other so we thought we would check Infiniti of Oxnard. The salesman we worked with was extremely nice and was really trying to help us get the car.

When the salesman presented the offer to the owner he gave us a low-ball offer, the lowest of all the dealers we have visited. Also, lower than CarMax. When I showed him the paperwork from CarMax, he said why don't you just go sell it to them and stop wasting my time because I won't come up to their offer. The deal on the Q50 was at invoice. The other dealers would sell at invoice also.

The owner also said, "You must be retired because you are only a few thousand dollars between our offer and CarMax. You must also have nothing else to do but waste time."

My wife and I looked at each other and thought, what an a-hole this guy was. We are shopping for the best deal we can get and if we go to 3 or 4 dealerships, that's our business and none of his.

We like shopping around to get the best deal and after listening to what he said, we got up and walked out.

We will never purchase a vehicle from Oxnard Infiniti because the owner was extremely rude. When the salesman called the next day, I explained why we wouldn't be purchasing a vehicle from him. He understood and I really felt bad for him because the salesman was excellent. Just his idiot boss put his foot in his mouth.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'd feel the same way you guys do. You mentioned that the owner was pulling the strings during your visit.....are you sure it was the owner? Many dealerships nowadays are part of larger groups, with said groups usually made up of several owners.

Perhaps it was a GM who had an off day?

Regardless, there are plenty of dealers in the Southland to work with - many users on this forum are from SoCal and seem to have many good things to say about them. Getting a phenomenal price is not unique to Infiniti of Oxnard. Check around, check with Costco & AAA, they both have excellent car buying programs that should get you to invoice or even just below. You might have to drive down to the SFV.....I'm sure there won't be much traffic on the 101...:)

Good luck, and don't let one bad apple having one bad day get in your way.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Wow! That sucks man! I would be pissed off if someone talked to me that way! U are their customer and they are the ones who is trying to earn your money! I really dont get the logic in that approach!

Just look around @ other infinitis! I think I read from one of our members that sherman oaks was nice! Maybe try sending some emails, have them match the Q50 pricing u got and the trade-in offers from the dealers you went to!

Hopefully u end up with your brand new Q50 soon! :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You did the right things by walking away. There are always other dealers that deserve your business. For me, I rather do emails than face to face with the dealer. Once I satisfied with the numbers, I go to the dealer and check out the car. This way, it save everyone times.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Wow that stinks.

Total opposite for me at Orlando Infiniti. They are the best dealership I have ever stepped my feet in. The reason I'm on no. 4 from them. Very consistent treatment.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Forgot to mention that we purchased the vehicle from Thousand Oaks Infiniti.
Nice! I think it was thousand oaks not sherman oaks that I was trying to mention! Good for u guys! I dont want to reward rudeness with a sale!

Congrats on your new Q50! Pics pls! :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Carmax is like the walmart of dealerships, looks and even smells like one. I went there for my first and last time to see what they would offer on a trade in. Also a hint for everybody who doesn't already know a dealership will NEVER give you a fair price, in fact they would much rather not deal with it all it's a giant hassle for them (anyone saying otherwise is a complete liar). Anyways in my case I laughed at what Carmax wanted to give me for my 4Runner. I put an ad on Craigs list and had it sold for 2k more in less than a week, no haggling because what I asked for was a fair price with the milage, a clean record, and every invoice that was downloadable from Toyota from every service it received.

·
Registered
252 Posts
just went to my local Infiniti(NYC), got a price for Q50 AWD, premium, tech, touring, nav and 19" wheel for $47924, is that a good deal?
That's invoice = VPP, so it is a good deal. The best I've experienced is $1000 below invoice plus $1000 loyalty towards cap cost (from a dealer whom I've leased 2 Infinitis before, plus one referral).

I recommend asking for the lease or purchase numbers (selling price, residual, money factor, total out of pocket, etc...) and plugging them into a lease or purchase calculator and see for yourself.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That dealer's manager is quite rude. When I bought my M37, Infiniti of Oxnard was the dealer I first checked. The sales man is really nice, but the manager is very rude and aggressive, and forced me to make decision. He used speech like," you don't want to do a business with us?" "You don't need to go home and think." etc. I am quite proud of myself since that's the first time I negotiate with dealer and my friends were intimidated and started to persuade to make the deal. But I eventually bought my car from Infiniti of Montclair, and their price is $600 less OTD.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Carmax is like the walmart of dealerships, looks and even smells like one. I went there for my first and last time to see what they would offer on a trade in. Also a hint for everybody who doesn't already know a dealership will NEVER give you a fair price, in fact they would much rather not deal with it all it's a giant hassle for them (anyone saying otherwise is a complete liar). Anyways in my case I laughed at what Carmax wanted to give me for my 4Runner. I put an ad on Craigs list and had it sold for 2k more in less than a week, no haggling because what I asked for was a fair price with the milage, a clean record, and every invoice that was downloadable from Toyota from every service it received.
I think Carmax is quite honest. When I tried to trade in my car, the sales man suggested me not doing that with them. He said my car was new and in good condition, if I tried to sell privately, I should get a good price. But if I sold this to them, they would offer much less because they needed to use the difference between the purchase price and sale price to make profit. That difference was normally $5,000 to $7,000, and every dealer is the same. Actually, they sometimes offered better price than others. I quite appreciated his honesty.

·
Registered
76 Posts
And I believe if won't be hard to go below invoice at this moment. This car doesn't sell very well. So, there should be good chance to get good deal. If you check Club Lexus, many folks there even got $4,000 to $5,000 off MSRP on their IS350F. At least up to this moment, IS sales better than Q50. So, if some one can get such a deal on IS, why not Q50.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.