Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks:
I have the hybrid AWD model. This morning I received a Low Outside Temperature Warning while driving the car to work. The warning appeared on the driver information panel between the speedometer and tachometer. Nothing seemed to change with the car's drive performance and I ignored the warning and kept on driving to work. During the drive I changed the display to a different screen and the warning never came back. I checked the manual and found a reference about this warning when starting the car on a cold day ..."may take longer for the ready to drive green light to come on..", but nothing about getting the warning while driving the car. Should this be something I should be concerned about? It was the coldest day so far this season here, about 38 degrees.

Thanks
Orrin

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Brought up in another thread. This is Infiniti's way of telling people that the temperature is in the 30's, and to be careful about possible icy roads. The way the world works, they are obviously worried about lawsuits from people who don't have the brains to know to be careful of such things.:(

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
When I was in college I did a study on this and thought it was hilarious of my findings. Like the road signs before a bridge, "Bridge Ices Before Road," or the plastic from bags and dry cleaners, "This Is Not A Toy." Or the McDonalds coffee lawsuit, "Caution Hot." Really people?:confused:

Reactions: tt_45 and cvipgo

·
Registered
289 Posts
..."may take longer for the ready to drive green light to come on..",
Pardon the newbie question, but how long do you let the car run before putting it in drive (i.e. on extremely cold days)? I need to read the manual, didn't know there was a "ready to drive" light.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brought up in another thread. This is Infiniti's way of telling people that the temperature is in the 30's, and to be careful about possible icy roads. The way the world works, they are obviously worried about lawsuits from people who don't have the brains to know to be careful of such things.:(
OK
Thanks for the info.

Orrin

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
When I was in college I did a study on this and thought it was hilarious of my findings. Like the road signs before a bridge, "Bridge Ices Before Road," or the plastic from bags and dry cleaners, "This Is Not A Toy." Or the McDonalds coffee lawsuit, "Caution Hot." Really people?:confused:
You mean like the warning on peanut butter, "Contains peanuts?":D In reality, there are too many people who have grown up expecting the world to do all of their thinking for them(or who just don't have the ability to think for themselves).

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've been getting this warning lately as well. You can turn it off if you don't want it. Go into Settings, Meter, and Alarms and you'll find the Low Temperature Warning.

Reactions: waffleman

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've been getting this warning lately as well. You can turn it off if you don't want it. Go into Settings, Meter, and Alarms and you'll find the Low Temperature Warning.
Thanks for the tip. When I saw the warning I thought "you've got to be kidding". I said to myself - if this car's technical nanny displays a warning to "put on my coat and mittens" I'm taking it back to Infiniti! LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.