Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loyalty is real. My dealer just emailed me and told me my lease payment dropped $30. Still not sure I'm going to lease but this helps. I've asked about turning the car in with run flats and they are asking their district manager. I'll let everyone know what I hear, but if you're talking to your dealers can you all ask too please? The lease contract is not specific and the more of us who tell them that we should be able to return the car without run flats.....well, maybe we can influence them.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Usually with Infiniti the leases always needed to be returned with the correct speed rating on the tires.. I'll look into this when I go in tomorrow and see if I can get an answer for you as well because im really not sure with the run flats

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually with Infiniti the leases always needed to be returned with the correct speed rating on the tires.. I'll look into this when I go in tomorrow and see if I can get an answer for you as well because im really not sure with the run flats[/QUOT

My Q lease contract says "comparable" tires. I think you could probably argue that either way. Personally, if I was buying it used I'd be thrilled if it was returned with Pilots or some other really good tire instead of the run flats, especially if it had a spare.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Usually with Infiniti the leases always needed to be returned with the correct speed rating on the tires.. I'll look into this when I go in tomorrow and see if I can get an answer for you as well because im really not sure with the run flats[/QUOT

My Q lease contract says "comparable" tires. I think you could probably argue that either way. Personally, if I was buying it used I'd be thrilled if it was returned with Pilots or some other really good tire instead of the run flats, especially if it had a spare.
Cant debate it because im not sure with the run flats.. previously, comparable meant right size and speed rating but any "brand" was finemm my guess is the answer will be similar but ill look into it.. you have me curious lol

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Ben, you almost had convinced me to not lease, but I still think leasing will be worth it...at least for this first go round of the Q50...I might consider purchasing a 2017 Q50 once this lease is up. Just put up some MSD's, and you'll get a decent lease rate.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ben, you almost had convinced me to not lease, but I still think leasing will be worth it...at least for this first go round of the Q50...I might consider purchasing a 2017 Q50 once this lease is up. Just put up some MSD's, and you'll get a decent lease rate.
The loyalty definitely helps and if it doesn't have to be returned with run flats then I'll probably stick with the lease. Still, financially buying will give you a net gain of 10K back at the end. Hope we get an answer on the tires tomorrow between my dealer and/or JasonH

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
The loyalty definitely helps and if it doesn't have to be returned with run flats then I'll probably stick with the lease. Still, financially buying will give you a net gain of 10K back at the end. Hope we get an answer on the tires tomorrow between my dealer and/or JasonH
If you kept it for how long? How are you calculating?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you kept it for how long? How are you calculating?
5 or 6 years, depending on your loan term. To keep the payment the same as the lease would cost an additional 5K down. In 6 years, according to KBB, most similar cars at this MSRP have a trade-in value of 15K, so you walk away 10K ahead. Financially buying is better but I've always justified leasing because I like getting a new car every 3 years and usually the payments are lower due to specials and subsidies to the point where you need a lot more than 5K to get buying to have the same payments. But, given that there are no specials on the Q50 and interest rates are so low on loans, the smart thing probably is to buy, especially if we also have to spend 1500 on putting new fun flats on after a year or two. I'm still debating, might be a game time decision on Monday or Tuesday. I've already been pre-approved for a 1.99% loan from my credit union.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
You need to return the leased car with tires specified in the OM.
Tire Type & Size

P225/55RF17 95V
P245/40RF19 94V
245/40RF19 94W

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You need to return the leased car with tires specified in the OM.
Tire Type & Size

P225/55RF17 95V
P245/40RF19 94V
245/40RF19 94W
It does not say that on the lease agreement. It says "comparable" to the original tires. Nowhere does it say RF

·
Registered
325 Posts
It does not say that on the lease agreement. It says "comparable" to the original tires. Nowhere does it say RF
Ill try to get you a definite in the morning but that is probably right.. non run flats are not comparable to run flats..

Reactions: ikagan

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ill try to get you a definite in the morning but that is probably right.. non run flats are not comparable to run flats..
Jason, did you ask anyone about turning lease in with excellent non rf tires?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Everyone I asked said you need to return with rft's.. if you put other tires on.. just put the original rft's back on at lease end.. that would be my advice...

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Everyone I asked said you need to return with rft's.. if you put other tires on.. just put the original rft's back on at lease end.. that would be my advice...
You guys are going to have a lot of pissed off people in a few years. The avg person won't know what rfts are and will either go nuts when they see how much they are to replace in the middle of their lease or will get charged when they turn the car in with reg tires because they didn't know.

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So the message here is to remove the runflats day one (on a lease), swap them for decent tires, then put them back on about 10k before returning the vehicle right?
This just means that there's a hidden 1K expense in leasing this car.

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
My lease will have 48,750 miles allowed....I will drive the tires until right before I get to 1/8" tread left...then I'll go buy some non runflats that should last 40,000-50,000 miles and keep the runflats in my garage until it's time to turn the car in. Then put the original runflats back on.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My lease will have 48,750 miles allowed....I will drive the tires until right before I get to 1/8" tread left...then I'll go buy some non runflats that should last 40,000-50,000 miles and keep the runflats in my garage until it's time to turn the car in. Then put the original runflats back on.
Yep. What a hassle. This may push me to buy

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not really a hassle. You'd have to buy new tires at some point during the lease anyways...
Hassle to store them and then the expense of putting them back on. How much will tire places charge for that?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.