Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on instgram:

From @instakristenwright! Looks like she's from socal! She seemed to have done the R&D for the magnaflow exhaust! I hope she would come here and show us a sound clip/vid! :D

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Are you sure that's not Simpson's Q50?:D

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sure he wishes it was! :D Well...i think it also depends on how it sounds! It might be gf in training though! If thats the case, he trained her well! :D

It does look sexy and it seems the car is from infiniti of mission viejo!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
are you sure its a full system meant for the car? not just a custom system built by a muffler shop with magnaflow mufflers?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure but u can check her IG and it seems like she is implying that!

All I know is I wanna hear that bad boy! Hehe!

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can tell you that the system is legit and coming to market. What you are looking at is the prototype for the Q50 cat back system. There is a part number already for the system on MagnaFlow's sight I believe. MagnaFlow should be getting more images and sound/video clips shortly. Once that happens I will try to let you all know. Before anyone asks how I know all this, it's because the car is sitting in my driveway. It is my wife's car! It does sound nice though!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can tell you that the system is legit and coming to market. What you are looking at is the prototype for the Q50 cat back system. There is a part number already for the system on MagnaFlow's sight I believe. MagnaFlow should be getting more images and sound/video clips shortly. Once that happens I will try to let you all know. Before anyone asks how I know all this, it's because the car is sitting in my driveway. It is my wife's car! It does sound nice though!
Nice man! Looks like your wife is a real car enthusiast!

So are u not able to show us any vids or clips as per magnaflow?

Anyways, welcome to the forum bro and your wifes Q50 is definitely sexy! :D

Reactions: Lunch

·
Registered
6 Posts
To the best of my knowledge they have not sent the car through the graphics department yet (the folks that do images/viedo). I think she said that graphics is getting the car on Monday. So I can't imagine that we will have to wait too long for sound/video clips. The system was literally finished on Friday and we have had the car about 2 weeks. But like I said it is real, I have the stock exhaust sitting in the garage and it is the from the cats all the way back. It has a real nice burble at idle and when you get on it, it sounds nice. No drone to speak of that I've noticed. I don't think people will be disappointed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys! My husband just sent me this thread... Thanks so much for the compliments. :) The exhaust is MagnaFlow, we prototyped the new kit on my car (cat back). It should go into production in the next 6-8 weeks. The graphics team will be taking photos and video on Monday and I will make sure to share the link when it's up. Can't share until they do...sorry! Regarding the Dyno, it was done during the development process but it's for internal use only. However, I can tell you that YES, there is a performance gain... And the sound is so much better!! oh, and in case you want to see more, my Instagram is @instakirstenwright - I will share some other pictures there as it gets built out further. Next up is tint and then thinking about wheels and tires. Just have to decide on which ones ;)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To the best of my knowledge they have not sent the car through the graphics department yet (the folks that do images/viedo). I think she said that graphics is getting the car on Monday. So I can't imagine that we will have to wait too long for sound/video clips. The system was literally finished on Friday and we have had the car about 2 weeks. But like I said it is real, I have the stock exhaust sitting in the garage and it is the from the cats all the way back. It has a real nice burble at idle and when you get on it, it sounds nice. No drone to speak of that I've noticed. I don't think people will be disappointed.
Hey guys! My husband just sent me this thread... Thanks so much for the compliments. :) The exhaust is MagnaFlow, we prototyped the new kit on my car (cat back). It should go into production in the next 6-8 weeks. The graphics team will be taking photos and video on Monday and I will make sure to share the link when it's up. Can't share until they do...sorry! Regarding the Dyno, it was done during the development process but it's for internal use only. However, I can tell you that YES, there is a performance gain... And the sound is so much better!! oh, and in case you want to see more, my Instagram is @instakirstenwright - I will share some other pictures there as it gets built out further. Next up is tint and then thinking about wheels and tires. Just have to decide on which ones ;)
Dang! Looking forward to the progress of your Q50 guys! Looks like it will be a great build! :D

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE!!!

Kristen just tagged me with this video! Sounds nice!

Instagram

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'm not sure i like it, but im not sure i dont like it..

Reactions: Lunch

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I had magnaflow on my G37 coupe and it was the best exhaust for the money and sounded awesome! Still curious to see more videos (better quality videos) on this exhaust. I do like the tips!

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Im sure he wishes it was! :D Well...i think it also depends on how it sounds! It might be gf in training though! If thats the case, he trained her well! :D

It does look sexy and it seems the car is from infiniti of mission viejo!
Hey! That's where I got mine! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.