Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 q50 rs with front radar sonar sensors and i recently rebuilt it. I have a crash light on the dash and the code “C1138” I seen that my front radar sonar sensor was cracked from the accident but it seems to still be in tact. I also put tape on it not sure if that effects anything but it had the light before the tape. Is there anyone also having this issue? Do i need to reset it or recalibrate?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can I just disconnect that front box its for the intelligent cruise control correct? I know I will not be using it. Will the light go away and the issue? I also need a das alignment because my car is pulling to the right

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
I have a 2016 q50 rs with front radar sonar sensors and i recently rebuilt it. I have a crash light on the dash and the code “C1138” I seen that my front radar sonar sensor was cracked from the accident but it seems to still be in tact. I also put tape on it not sure if that effects anything but it had the light before the tape. Is there anyone also having this issue? Do i need to reset it or recalibrate? View attachment 100657
You have one ICC/FEB radar sensor and four sonar sensors in the front. They aren't radar sonar sensors. Which are you referring to? ICC?

I'm not sure which warning lights are shown since the photo is so fuzzy. Looks like the master warning light is on (speedo, 1 o'clock position), possibly the ABS warning light (speedo, 3 o'clock position), and your FEB warning (tach, 7 o'clock position). A better picture would help.

C1138 is indicating a malfunction in the 4WAS (4 wheel active steering) circuit, which means the DAS system. Have you check fuses and fusible links? Could be a harness/connector problem, CAN communication line problem, DAS system or ABS actuator and electric control unit problem.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
Can I just disconnect that front box its for the intelligent cruise control correct? I know I will not be using it. Will the light go away and the issue? I also need a das alignment because my car is pulling to the right
I don't think that's an option. The ICC radar sensor is also used for FEB and PFCW. The fail-safe for that DTC is no VDC, TCS, BLSD, ATC, and brake force distribution functions. I wouldn't operate the car with those systems disabled.

I'd take the car to a dealership for further diagnostics.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think that's an option. The ICC radar sensor is also used for FEB and PFCW. The fail-safe for that DTC is no VDC, TCS, BLSD, ATC, and brake force distribution functions. I wouldn't operate the car with those systems disabled.

You have one ICC/FEB radar sensor and four sonar sensors in the front. They aren't radar sonar sensors. Which are you referring to? ICC?

I'm not sure which warning lights are shown since the photo is so fuzzy. Looks like the master warning light is on (speedo, 1 o'clock position), possibly the ABS warning light (speedo, 3 o'clock position), and your FEB warning (tach, 7 o'clock position). A better picture would help.

C1138 is indicating a malfunction in the 4WAS (4 wheel active steering) circuit, which means the DAS system. Have you check fuses and fusible links? Could be a harness/connector problem, CAN communication line problem, DAS system or ABS actuator and electric control unit problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yes I am referring to the icc, the box that sits behind the front bumper

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Only the malfunction light is on, the other light is tpms

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

My steering works fine, the das use to not work but it just fixed itself. A guy came out and checked all my fuses and the das harness along the subframe looks fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My steering works fine, the das use to not work but it just fixed itself. A guy came out and checked all my fuses and the das harness along the subframe looks fine.
the exact codes i am getting is "c1138 gear select position short to battery"

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
the exact codes i am getting is "c1138 gear select position short to battery"
I don't know where you got that definition for C1138 but that's not what the service manual says it is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know where you got that definition for C1138 but that's not what the service manual says it is.
do you have any recommendations for that warning malfunction light ? besides the dealer because they charge 160 a hour for diagnostic and usually they will hit me with an expensive repair cost

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
do you have any recommendations for that warning malfunction light ? besides the dealer because they charge 160 a hour for diagnostic and usually they will hit me with an expensive repair cost
It could be a DAS system problem or your ABS actuator and electric control unit. Without a CONSULT diagnostic tool, I couldn't tell you what to do other than bite the bullet and take it in. Maybe someone else will respond here with another idea to try. Maybe the broken ICC sensor is causing this. I don't know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts