Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this error message before? The first time it happened, our dealship had the car for 8 days. The good news, if there is any, they delived Q50 Hybrid Sport for us to use. When the message appeared, I had just started the car and backed out of the driveway. After driving it 3 miles or so, I lost the power steering, driving modes would not work, radio didn't work, navigation was blank, only the power windows worked. I got the car home safely, called the dealership, they sent an enclosed trailer to haul the car back. After 8 days, they claimed it only needed a software upgrade...nothing else was wrong, no parts needed. I asked for any paper work pertaining to error codes from the diagnostics computer, but received nothing.

The first time this happened, was September 30th. It happened again last night and this afternoon. Look at the pics and see only 11 miles was driven between the 2nd and 3rd message. I guess, I have to call our dealship again tomorrow.

I would appreciate any help I can get. I am getting tired of them saying it is only an update issue. Why was the car released for sale? Maybe Infiniti should have delayed it and did more testing. I am mad becasue at the list price of just under $53K, I did not volunteer to be a beta tester. I thank all of the Q50 forum members in advance for any help you can provide me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Has anyone seen this error message before? The first time it happened, our dealship had the car for 8 days. The good news, if there is any, they delived Q50 Hybrid Sport for us to use. When the message appeared, I had just started the car and backed out of the driveway. After driving it 3 miles or so, I lost the power steering, driving modes would not work, radio didn't work, navigation was blank, only the power windows worked. I got the car home safely, called the dealership, they sent an enclosed trailer to haul the car back. After 8 days, they claimed it only needed a software upgrade...nothing else was wrong, no parts needed. I asked for any paper work pertaining to error codes from the diagnostics computer, but received nothing.

The first time this happened, was September 30th. It happened again last night and this afternoon. Look at the pics and see only 11 miles was driven between the 2nd and 3rd message. I guess, I have to call our dealship again tomorrow.

I would appreciate any help I can get. I am getting tired of them saying it is only an update issue. Why was the car released for sale? Maybe Infiniti should have delayed it and did more testing. I am mad becasue at the list price of just under $53K, I did not volunteer to be a beta tester. I thank all of the Q50 forum members in advance for any help you can provide me.
Oh my. Never seen that one. Loss of power steering is alarming.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Suggestion: wait 60 seconds after you start the car before you do anything in nav, itouch or drive away- if it happens again the you certainly have issues, call Infiniti customer service and open a case.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I have had malfunction errors on my car (premium non-hybrid), where the sonars would go off, or the Forward Collision Warning and Intervention would stop working and then my BlueTooth stopped working, and my dealer completely replaced the InTouch module on my car. All my issues were resolved. However, I never suffered a complete power loss like you described. That is very serious.

Any way you can go to another Infiniti dealer and have them look at it?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
That is not an "inconvenience" - that is a safety issue! I doubt very much that it is going to be solved by a simple "update." I hope you have another dealer that you can go to; I wouldn't trust that service department for anything.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I had the same issue before. Mine was the lane departure camera that went bad and had to be replaced. I'd take it in and get it checked out.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Have everything documented. I think they have 3 tries to fix it. What state are you in? Not sure how strong your lemon laws are. But what you're describing sounds like a safety hazard that they need to fix within 3 tries. Send them a certified letter that you feel that it is a safety hazard and by giving it back to you they take responsibility and certify that it is fixed (ergo, if anything happens because it recurs, it's their fault). That should get their attention.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I just had what appears to be a similar issue happen to my car tonight.

My car sat in the outdoor parking lot at work for 10+ hours on a bitterly cold day. It started with zero problems and did fine on drive home. I put it in the garage and then about 30 minutes later went out to move the car so I could put my garbage can away and got this pile of warning lights all at once. (see the attached picture)

Power steering didn't work but car was able to drive enough to go backwards some and then forwards into garage. Never had this happen before. Tried vehicle again several times over next 30 minutes with same result. Sometimes I got multiple malfunction messages on the center display but always got the same pile of warning lights on the tachometer side except sometimes the FEB warning light came on the speedo side:

Based on the manual the following lit up:
Power steering warning
Vehicle stability control warning
Master warning light
Brake system warning light

So I call my dealer and my salesperson was going to come out at 9pm with a loaner car. (after his sales award dinner tonight - what a great guy!) I tried again about 2 hours later and before they came out and everything worked fine.

I'm not sure what to do now. The car has never had an issue before. I am a bit nervous now. It wasn't the cold weather because the car sat out all day with no problems. I'd figure if it would fail it would be at work when I first started it.

What do you all think? Seems like a computer problem since so many warnings at once. The malfunction in the middle of the dash seems like the lane cameras but why with the other errors too?

Thanks,

Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you! I didn't find that thread in my search - there were so many lights coming on it was hard to narrow the search. The pictures and story in that thread fit exactly with the DAS issues they are having.

This discussion board is an amazing resource

Craig

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had this problem twice in 4 days with my Premium Non-Hybrid. Now I'm afraid to drive it until I can contact the dealership tomorrow. Both times was right after I started the car so I wasn't on the highway but I'm afraid it could happen when I driving and won't be able to steer the car off the road. I love my car but I have a grandson to think about. Hope they can get this fixed before anyone is injured….or worse.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lol i thought i was the only one i had posted on here before.

Ya it has happened to me a couple of times, especially if the weather is really cold.
It is a software issue. Try shutting the car off, wait 10seconds and it should be good to go. If that doesnt help, obv call the dealer, they will just reinstall the software. I am really surprised though it took them 8 days to re install something that takes 2 - 4 hours and that too it gets installed by itself through a USB.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.