Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the latest map update is and when it came out? I purchased my vehicle three weeks ago and I recently found out that my intouch is running on outdated software and I want to make sure my maps isn't either.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
So true

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With navteq, the update 2 years from now will still be outdated today.
Haha!

I actually called them (888-362-8837) and they told me that they don't provide the map updates for the Q50. I hope the lady I talked to has no clue what she's talking about. There might never be an update.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Haha!

I actually called them (888-362-8837) and they told me that they don't provide the map updates for the Q50. I hope the lady I talked to has no clue what she's talking about. There might never be an update.
I think the "no clue" part of your statement is correct.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Haha!

They dont. It a dealer installed update. For the non usb updates, like the g35, u can buy a dvd directly from their site.

So,, yes they make it, but they wont provide it for us to purchase. This is the same for the is350.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
It's especially depressing when compare with Apple/Google online maps
The BMW/Navteq maps, available from Pirate Bay, weren't even worth the cost of the electricity to download. Yes they were the latest, but so far behind reality.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Since, the, Qshitty runs on apps, u would think they would of or could of drop navteq nav and run the stock android nav provided by google.

Intouch is based on android.
1) When I called navteq many months ago to get some information about the Nav unit, they said they don't construct the unit; they only send data to the manufacturer. They gave me the number of Infiniti's Nav unit(somewhere in Utah). When I called there, the person I talked to said that she didn't even have a listing for the Q50 yet. She didn't even have any information about the unit in the JX(or QX60). It was a total dead end.

2) It isn't "would of" or "could of." It's "would have" and "could have."

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Maybe someone will root the android operated intouch and then we could actually install some apps on this **** thing. Like Google maps, facebook, Pandora, etc.
This would be really nice.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Maybe someone will root the android operated intouch and then we could actually install some apps on this **** thing. Like Google maps, facebook, Pandora, etc.
The way it goes that's the only chance to overcome Infiniti's slowness.
Besides closed Infiniti app store does not make me excited either

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a navigation SD card for my 2014 Infiniti Q50. Its saying Map Update, and is requiring a license key. Anyone experience this issue before? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have no problems with my Nav on my Q50 at all. It's never given me wrong directions or wrong street names. I have the gas station and ATM icons loaded and they have been 100% accurate. Just what is it about the Q50's Navigation that everyone has a problem with?? I'm baffled here....

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I purchased a navigation SD card for my 2014 Infiniti Q50. Its saying Map Update, and is requiring a license key. Anyone experience this issue before? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
There are no newer maps than the ones that came with your car. You can check it here;

Infiniti Navigation Map Updates | Home | HERE

Where did you get that SD card that you purchased?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
"Thank you for contacting Infiniti Navigation Center. Your 2014 Infiniti Q50S came equipped with the newest maps currently available. At this time, the release date of the next update has not been officially announced.

To check the availability of new map updates for your vehicle, please visit Infiniti Navigation Map Updates | Home | HERE periodically.

If you need additional assistance, please send us your feedback by replying to this email. "

Received today 9/4/2015

·
Registered
17 Posts
No updates on maps since I got my Q50 a year ago. Apparently the maps for this car are "abandonware" - have been since the car left the dealer lot.

Glad I have Waze, Google Maps, and other ios-based navigation software (along with a cool iPhone 6+ mount!) to fill the gap.

Infiniti's non-support of the apps on Infinitouch is absurd.

·
Registered
162 Posts
No updates on maps since I got my Q50 a year ago. Apparently the maps for this car are "abandonware" - have been since the car left the dealer lot.

Glad I have Waze, Google Maps, and other ios-based navigation software (along with a cool iPhone 6+ mount!) to fill the gap.

Infiniti's non-support of the apps on Infinitouch is absurd.
There's a serious lack of good judgement on this forum. This post is a great example. Complainers, haters - call it what you want. They only come on here to gripe and moan about something that's actually pretty good.

As FYI,

My Garmin portable GPS gets updated every two years.

My Pioneer Avic with Navteq maps gets updated every three years.

Question -

How often do you expect Infiniti to update a map that's only 1.5 years old? Note -updating requires dealer intervention and is billed to the owner at standard shop-rate for at least 30 minutes.

As FYI, people on the Nissan 370Z Forum forum report Nissan typically updates their maps every 2-3 years.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.