Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe AWD
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My set of Maxpider3D floor mats came and the two fasteners for the drivers side mat fit over the peg ok but they don't snap and are relatively easy to pull up. It's like the post is just a little too small for the fastener's ring in the mat. The passenger side has a little more friction and has what I would call a weak snap. Neither snap is as tight as the OEM mats.

Anyone else have this issue with these mats?

I made sure the part number was correct for the 2018 Q50 so its not like they sent the wrong mats but I would expect that they should snap in tighter.

I may have to add some tape to the post to increase the diameter if this is typical for these mats.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,360 Posts
Mine are the same way. They don't snap onto the posts with great authority, but they stay in place with no issues.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe AWD
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine are the same way. They don't snap onto the posts with great authority, but they stay in place with no issues.
OK, I may still put a revolution of tape around the post to make it a little more solid. I was a little disappointed that the 2 piece rears don't have a retainer like the fronts just a hump where the post is. It looks like they will stay in place though.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,360 Posts
OK, I may still put a revolution of tape around the post to make it a little more solid. I was a little disappointed that the 2 piece rears don't have a retainer like the fronts just a hump where the post is. It looks like they will stay in place though.
I don't have the rears. I'm still using the one piece, over-the-hump TuxMat I had before.

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium AWD (w/Bose & Nav)
999 Posts
I have weathertech. I have the same issue. They aren't perfect, but once I get it about where it needs to be I have no issues. Mostly a car wash pain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts