Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all! ive recently put on my new MBRP exhaust and the other day i decided to look underneath to make sure all was well and sadly was mortified when i seen what lie ahead, before passing judement i thought i might share it here to see if someone has experienced this or can shed light. idk i am kinda shocked and pissed atm lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
I would not call that a disaster. FI issued a new torque on their "clamps."
The Harley torque spec might work.
1/4 turn b4 oh $hit!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would not call that a disaster. FI issued a new torque on their "clamps."
The Harley torque spec might work.
1/4 turn b4 oh $hit!
oh, if its a tightening issue then i guess i might as well have it welded instead no?

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
oh, if its a tightening issue then i guess i might as well have it welded instead no?
Noooo, if you ever need to take off teh exhaust to have the rear-diff serviced or a drive shaft replaced you need to remove the entire
exhaust system then.

Just tighten up the V-band clamps and you'll be fine I think.

·
Registered
649 Posts

There should be flanges welded to both pipes that the V Band Clamp slides over. That's the entire idea of this style clamp. Thus it provides perfectly secure and tight fitment yet allows for the pipes to be easily removed.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Eventually the carbon will fill the gaps and seal it up.

The Johnstown flood was a disaster.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a full MBRP on my truck, but that's a diesel. I didn't know MBRP even made exhaust for cars, this is the first I've heard of. Regardless, the instructions from mine suggested at least two re-torques on the hardware because they can loosen up initially. Granted, that's a diesel truck, there's a lot more engine vibration, but I'd still say it's probably normal. New hardware has a tendency to loosen up for awhile. Every aftermarket suspension component I've ever put in a car said to re-torque after a set number of days/miles/whatever. Same for new wheel studs, etc, etc.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a full MBRP on my truck, but that's a diesel. I didn't know MBRP even made exhaust for cars, this is the first I've heard of. Regardless, the instructions from mine suggested at least two re-torques on the hardware because they can loosen up initially. Granted, that's a diesel truck, there's a lot more engine vibration, but I'd still say it's probably normal. New hardware has a tendency to loosen up for awhile. Every aftermarket suspension component I've ever put in a car said to re-torque after a set number of days/miles/whatever. Same for new wheel studs, etc, etc.
seems this is the issue just a re adjustment due to road conditions and vibration from the car. I will look over the car and re torque the exhaust and see if it keeps happening after cleaning and re torque

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Mine did the same thing. You do want the clamps locked all the way down, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts