Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Q50 Wednesday. Here's some early morning shots reflecting the rising sun. Note the splash guards. I think they enhance the side profile of the car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Nice! Always wanted to see how those look! Can u post a straight side profile pic so i can see how it truly curves? Thanks! :D

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Was hoping something like this:

With no angles if possible! Pweeety pweeese! Hehehe! It would be much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
She's a beaut! Looks very fluid.

Did the dealer install these for you or did they come from the factory installed?

My Q50 is on order and wondering if i can order these after my car arrives...

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hmmmm...looks like the rear splash guards will be something that will make the stance of the Q50 look better! I was checking out this photo of mine:

And it looks like the rear comes up short so with the splash guards, it might look nicer! Not sure about the front splash guards though!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I'm really liking those splash guards. I think I want to get them now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
nice car and good luck with her. thanks for the pics with the splash guards as now i have confirmed what i have thought all along.

i have to regrettably disagree, i dont like them at all, i mean whats the point of them. their just adding plastic covers behind the wheels. and the lines they add do nothing for the car at all. just an easy and cheap way to add hundreds of dollars to a car.
im not bashing and i truly believe the only opinion that matters is the owners. but I'm passing up cars just because of them. I don't mind paying for the kick plates, spoiler or grille in order to get the car. but those splash guards are a deal breaker to me

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The splash guards were dealer installed. There were only 2 sets in Aspen Pearl (aka Moonlight White) in Canada and my dealer snagged one. Accessories seem to be in short supply at this point. My city uses a lot of fairly coarse, sharp aggregate in the winter so these "splash guards" are really more useful as "gravel guards" ! 3M has been applied to the front bumper, mirrors and about the first 24 inches of the hood/fender for the same reason. The windshield is on its own!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
nice car and good luck with her. thanks for the pics with the splash guards as now i have confirmed what i have thought all along.

i have to regrettably disagree, i dont like them at all, i mean whats the point of them. their just adding plastic covers behind the wheels. and the lines they add do nothing for the car at all. just an easy and cheap way to add hundreds of dollars to a car.
im not bashing and i truly believe the only opinion that matters is the owners. but I'm passing up cars just because of them. I don't mind paying for the kick plates, spoiler or grille in order to get the car. but those splash guards are a deal breaker to me
I've had splash guards on my last several cars. The areas behind the wheels are the most vulnerable to the crap on the roads, and I'd rather have the plastic taking the hit and not the paint. I also don't think they detract from the over all look of the car. You're right that it's totally up to the opinion of the owner. I refrain(mostly) from making comments about some of the mods I see on forums like this, because they're not on MY car(thank goodness!:D) To each his own.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Looks great and as Selzini said they do protect the rocker paint from excessive debris. I went for a good drive last night, pushed the car a bit on winding roads and now I have build up of road spatter/debris all over the rockers. I ordered a set when I picked up my spoiler but they havent came in yet. Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
46 Posts
The splash guards were dealer installed. There were only 2 sets in Aspen Pearl (aka Moonlight White) in Canada and my dealer snagged one. Accessories seem to be in short supply at this point. My city uses a lot of fairly coarse, sharp aggregate in the winter so these "splash guards" are really more useful as "gravel guards" ! 3M has been applied to the front bumper, mirrors and about the first 24 inches of the hood/fender for the same reason. The windshield is on its own!
What were the price of these installed in Canada? I inquired about the spoiler and they quoted $575.95 which seems a bit steep. I cant get either one yet as my car hasn't shown up yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
White's a winner!

Picked up my new Q50 Wednesday. Here's some early morning shots reflecting the rising sun. Note the splash guards. I think they enhance the side profile of the car.
Looks great! I was surprised when I saw a selection of the Q50's at my local dealer and the white was one of my top picks. I'm in Tucson so I'm thinking it would look especially good with dark tinted windows....

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What were the price of these installed in Canada? I inquired about the spoiler and they quoted $575.95 which seems a bit steep. I cant get either one yet as my car hasn't shown up yet.
I believe they are C$258. Dealer put them on prior to delivery and there was no additional charge when we did the paperwork!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
No more side profile pics? :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.