Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, like Q50Aggie, I have an appointment tomorrow to have my Q50 inspected by the engineers. Honestly, I'm not really sure why they've asked to inspect it since I haven't had many lockups considering I've had it a month and have only driven 600 miles. I assume it is because I'm local to Nissan headquarters and I've been kind of friendly with Infiniti via Facebook Messenger and their Consumer Affairs team. Regardless, I'm happy to take it in and have them check it out.

So far I've only had three minimal issues, two being InTouch lockups that were corrected with a reboot and a Navigation screen issue (blank) that required me to turn the car off and back on, with an immediate correction.

Does anyone have any issues that you'd like for me to mention that wasn't already addressed with Aggie/Engineers?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
iChick, thank you for doing this for us.
Q50Aggie and I got issue with playing MP3 file from USB flash drive with setting set to "Random". After you the car off and on, it always default back to the first file and you can't change track at all.
Not sure if Q50Aggie report this issue yet or not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks, IC, for the opportunity to add issues.

I'm going to repeat what I added yesterday to the "sticky" lockup thread:

Had my first nav "lockup" today. Using nav to return to Home destination. About 50 miles into about a 100 mile route the nav audio quit. Just the audio portion of the nav.

The nav screen continued guidance correctly, turn indicators, ETA, blue route markings, etc. but Ms. Voice quit talking to me about turns.

Two USB sticks plugged in, audio playing a CD. Everything seemed fine until at some point I noticed there was no audio describing an upcoming turn.

I turned off the audio. No difference. I ejected the CD. No difference. I did the audio button 5-second press for InTouch reboot. No difference. I stopped the car, turned off the engine for a few seconds, and restarted. No difference. I canceled the route guidance and restarted a new route to Home. No difference.

Maybe it was something I said to deserve the cold shoulder treatment?

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, InfinitiChick. This really is a great community.

My voice command for iPod Play Song is missing. That's a big issue for me. If you could ask about that, it would be great.
Keep 'em coming! I'll mention/and add to the writeup that I'll give them.

Mike, can you add a picture of the voice recognition screen showing that it is missing? Just add it to this thread/your post. That way I can show it to them so they don't just assume you're looking in the wrong place!! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Ichick rocks!! I don't have anything new to add, just wanted to say that :)

This forum really is great and hopefully efforts like yours and Q50Aggie will help make things better for all of us! (And hopefully Infiniti will take this feedback seriously and work on fixes ASAP).

I was more than a bit surprised when they responded to some of Aggie's items as 'couldn't reproduce' when he had video. If you can see about not letting them off the hook for those things I think that would be great. Seems like a lot of those issues are being reported fairly regularly and, like I said, there's video.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ichick rocks!! I don't have anything new to add, just wanted to say that :)

This forum really is great and hopefully efforts like yours and Q50Aggie will help make things better for all of us! (And hopefully Infiniti will take this feedback seriously and work on fixes ASAP).

I was more than a bit surprised when they responded to some of Aggie's items as 'couldn't reproduce' when he had video. If you can see about not letting them off the hook for those things I think that would be great. Seems like a lot of those issues are being reported fairly regularly and, like I said, there's video.

Thanks again!
HAHA!! Thanks JKay! I'll always appreciate an "IChick Rocks" post! :p I will do my best to obtain actual responses versus "can't duplicate" although given that they had Aggie's car for 3 days and couldn't duplicate the issues, I'm not sure they will have better luck getting those issues duplicated on my Q50, especially those that I've not personally experienced. But again, I'll see if I can press them for as much clarification and information as possible.

·
Registered
298 Posts
iChick, thank you for doing this for us.
Q50Aggie and I got issue with playing MP3 file from USB flash drive with setting set to "Random". After you the car off and on, it always default back to the first file and you can't change track at all.
Not sure if Q50Aggie report this issue yet or not.
I have the same issue with iPhone connected via USB, extremely annoying

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same InTouch Issues

I took delivery of my Q50S on Friday, 8/30 and have had a few issues:
  1. InTouch appears to lock up for me when charging my Samsung 3 using the USB connection and streaming audio
  2. I've lost Navigation and InTouch (completely blank screens) solved by reset procedure
  3. My car has "Welcome Lighting" package which is supposed to automatically illuminate the lights as the key fob approaches... it doesn't

But man, do I get a lot of 'thumbs up' from other Infiniti drivers. I've managed to put nearly 500 miles on my car already and that's just tooling around locally. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My picture problem IC!!! I'm assuming you're aware of?
You know I do! It's on my list already. I am able to upload a picture but it does not display when my name does at start up. Only appears when I go to the edit page...lame!

I took delivery of my Q50S on Friday, 8/30 and have had a few issues:
  1. InTouch appears to lock up for me when charging my Samsung 3 using the USB connection and streaming audio
  2. I've lost Navigation and InTouch (completely blank screens) solved by reset procedure
  3. My car has "Welcome Lighting" package which is supposed to automatically illuminate the lights as the key fob approaches... it doesn't

But man, do I get a lot of 'thumbs up' from other Infiniti drivers. I've managed to put nearly 500 miles on my car already and that's just tooling around locally. :rolleyes:
I'll ask about those for you! Congrats on your new ride!! Yeah, it's fun to get the thumbs up by other Infiniti owners as they immediately recognize it as the new Q50!

·
Registered
150 Posts
You're welcome! Uh I won't show them your "ghost rider" video either! Haha Umm you're welcome again! Haha :p
:( lol,but you should! Tell them to do a cut scene in their latest video of the car alerting you of an accident two cards ahead and say better yet you can just let the Q drive itself....:)

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Well I was fortunate enough to speak with the engineers as well as have one of them in the passenger seat with me while I took a quick drive down the freeway. Of course, I didn't have any issues during the drive but I was able to sit down with him and go through the list of issues that I provided noting my personal Q50 issues as well as those noted on this thread.

They had my car for about 5 hours and came back with the following information:

1) InTouch screen locked up twice: XM station was stuck and could not use any buttons on steering wheel. Likely had iPhone plugged in but nothing else. Rebooting InTouch corrected issue. Diagnosis: Known issue and should be corrected in next software update.
2) Navigation screen (see photo) was blank with only the icons and bottom bar (displayed XM info). Rebooting InTouch twice did not solve issue. Had to turn car off and back on for Nav to reappear. Diagnosis: Found code in my diagnostics and is under investigation for a future update.
3) Cannot get premium XM stations to be "selectable" from category list even after XM refreshed system and I unlocked Parental lock. I can scroll to the stations but cannot select from menu. Diagnosis: Is being corrected in a future update.
4) I added a picture for the User profile but it does not display at startup when my name is shown, only when I go to Edit Profile does it appear. The commercial indicates the picture should show with your name. No one on the forum has been able to get it to work like the commercial. Diagnosis: The commercial is currently ahead of the game for us! ha The picture will not display at start up as it does in the commercial. Issue noted for future software update.
5) Drivers Aids get "knocked offline" easily when going over any bumps or turning while pulling out of parking lot and the car tends to stall momentarily when pulling out (turning) aggressively. Diagnosis: Normal operation to allow driver to gain control of the car. Suggests reading Pages 5-85 through 5-110 of Owner's Manual for more details.
Issues from other Forum/Q50 Owners:
1) Highly recommend engineers monitor this forum thread regarding specific InTouch issues encountered by Q50 owners. Currently there are 88 separate posts: http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/new-2014-q50-general-discussion-forum/6402-intouch-lockup-data-tracking.html Diagnosis: Engineers LOVED that I gave them this link and that the forum has so many technical people on it that this list included good information for them to review. They may even suggest additional information to collect at time of issue to post. They will continue to review the link moving forward...so be sure to post InTouch issues.
2) My voice command for iPod Play Song is missing. Diagnosis: Wanted to know if you can say, "Audio>iPod Play xxx" and it work. If not, you should have it looked at by your service team.
3) Had my first nav "lockup" today. Using nav to return to Home destination. About 50 miles into about a 100 mile route the nav audio quit. Just the audio portion of the nav.
The nav screen continued guidance correctly, turn indicators, ETA, blue route markings, etc. but Ms. Voice quit talking to me about turns.Two USB sticks plugged in, audio playing a CD. Everything seemed fine until at some point I noticed there was no audio describing an upcoming turn.I turned off the audio. No difference. I ejected the CD. No difference. I did the audio button 5-second press for InTouch reboot. No difference. I stopped the car, turned off the engine for a few seconds, and restarted. No difference. I canceled the route guiance and restarted a new route to Home. No difference. Diagnosis: I now know this was "user error" (oh yeah, I said it! ha) and the volume for "Ms. Voice" was just turned down. No further investigation is needed.
4) Playing MP3 file from USB flash drive with setting set to "Random". After you the car off and on, it always default back to the first file and you can't change track at all. Diagnosis: This is a known issue and is being corrected in a future update.
5) InTouch appears to lock up for me when charging my Samsung 3 using the USB connection and streaming audio. Diagnosis: Can't really determine issue without having your own car looked at by service team. If the problem persists, have it checked out.
6) I've lost Navigation and InTouch (completely blank screens) solved by reset procedure. Diagnosis: Similar issues by Infiniti Chick, Q50 Aggie have been inspected by engineers and will be corrected in a future update.
7) My car has "Welcome Lighting" package which is supposed to automatically illuminate the lights as the key fob approaches... it doesn't. Diagnosis: Welcome Lighting comes on when you press the key fob, not as you approach. See this link (click on Accessories) as it states such: 2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan Specs | Infiniti USA

Also, this is a good link for Q50 questions in general.
Offers a lot of information!
InTouch Vehicle Infotainment System | Infiniti USA Official Site

Oh and Mrkalu, I did indeed tell them about your video! As they appreciated the fact that it is a car that can basically drive itself, they agreed it wasn't the smartest thing to do! haha I told them that you must be young, single and childless to be so, ummmmm we'll just call it being a "risk taker". ha

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks for the update! Very encouraging that they seem to be very aware of the InTouch lockups.

Where were the engineers from? Are they from Japan or somewhere like TN?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Awesome IChick...glad you were able to get feedback about the issues you raised!

Reactions: Infiniti Chick
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.