Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
18' Q50 3.0 SPORT AWD
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Megan Racing Lower Downpipes on my Q50. Install took a couple of hours. Doing it on a 90+ degree day and on the driveway was a PITA, not to mention the issue of rusty bolts(had to use some PB Blaster and wait on some bolts), and being careful not to snap any studs or bolts.

The Megan Racing downpipes replace the stock restrictive factory downpipe with a high flow stainless steel downpipe that improves horsepower and torque to get the most potential from your engine.

A high flow downpipe replaces one of the most restrictive parts of your exhaust system and is an excellent complement to other aftermarket exhaust components such as headers or an exhaust system.

Megan Racing downpipes are stainless steel and polished to a mirror like finish and constructed using beautiful and strong welds. Smooth bends reduce turbulence and give your exhaust the straightest path to reduce back pressure.

Solid quality, and no fitment issues, no CEL. I ended up using my own better quality hardware, and stock gaskets because they ones they provide are not the best quality in comparison to the stock gaskets. I also added high temp RTV, and cleaned the O2's and added anti-seize.

The sound is definitely louder, I can definitely feel the difference having it installed. The car feels quicker, and more torque-y. I dont have any rasp or drone. It gives the car a more deeper, meaner tone, and the revs!!! Oh man the revs and downshifts sounds soooo goood!!!! I will try my best to add some clips.

One thing to note, and Im not sure if its related...Is that after I went on a test drive I was hearing some vibration...Yikes! But after I had a chance to put the car on a lift saw that my X pipe was slightly touching the brace underneath. I didnt have the vibration and noise before the install.

To remedy this I added some spacers/washers and it raise the clearance a bit. That solved my vibration issue, and now the car is running and sounding amazing. I also spoke to BoostInMotion to see if he had the same issue but he just removed the brace altogether for his, so theres an alternative.

Definitely worth the purchase. I got mine new for $155 and after taxes $165.27 from an ebay seller.

I took some pictures (attached) of the overall process.

Registered
18' Q50 3.0 SPORT AWD
Discussion Starter #2
Second set of Pics...

Registered
18' Q50 3.0 SPORT AWD
Discussion Starter #3
Third set...

Registered
18' Q50 3.0 SPORT AWD
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My videos are too large to upload for the server, any ideas how I show you guys?

Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
My videos are too large to upload for the server, any ideas how I show you guys?
Jon, I was enjoying your thread/post until I saw the MR box on your trunk, now I am going to have nightmares!!! :p

Thanks for sharing. This is definitely, 100%, objectively, no doubt about it, the best bang for the buck combo of LDPs and CB: MR LDPs and Invidia CB. So glad to hear it makes for a good sounding combo with no drone or rasp. Can you take a picture of your tips showing how far they stick out and how centered they are in the exhaust cutouts?

To share your large vid, stick it on a free OneDrive cloud account and share a link.

Registered
2017 Infiniti Q50 RS400 AWD
馃嵖

Registered
Nice. Pictures are always welcomed in threads. Videos even more so.

Reactions: Jonjostar

Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA

Registered
Ok GTA, I give up, what is that? Popcorn? A birdhouse? A fire hydrant? :confused:
This is popcorn, cuz I'm eagerly waiting to watch/listen to this

Registered
@Jonjostar how's it sounding? Must be a little broken in now?

Registered
Love it! I installed the AMS coolant expansion Tank today in 90+ and I couldn't take my shirt off after. It literally fused to myself. I dont want to know what it was like for you under that car today.

Luckily when I did my AMS LDPs it was a nice 40 out. I see from the pics you had fun hitting them 3 bolts from the engine room. That and trying to remove the O2 sensors were the worst parts bout the LDP install for me.

Registered
Hey bro , im curiou
Installed the Megan Racing Lower Downpipes on my Q50. Install took a couple of hours. Doing it on a 90+ degree day and on the driveway was a PITA, not to mention the issue of rusty bolts(had to use some PB Blaster and wait on some bolts), and being careful not to snap any studs or bolts.

The Megan Racing downpipes replace the stock restrictive factory downpipe with a high flow stainless steel downpipe that improves horsepower and torque to get the most potential from your engine.

A high flow downpipe replaces one of the most restrictive parts of your exhaust system and is an excellent complement to other aftermarket exhaust components such as headers or an exhaust system.

Megan Racing downpipes are stainless steel and polished to a mirror like finish and constructed using beautiful and strong welds. Smooth bends reduce turbulence and give your exhaust the straightest path to reduce back pressure.

Solid quality, and no fitment issues, no CEL. I ended up using my own better quality hardware, and stock gaskets because they ones they provide are not the best quality in comparison to the stock gaskets. I also added high temp RTV, and cleaned the O2's and added anti-seize.

The sound is definitely louder, I can definitely feel the difference having it installed. The car feels quicker, and more torque-y. I dont have any rasp or drone. It gives the car a more deeper, meaner tone, and the revs!!! Oh man the revs and downshifts sounds soooo goood!!!! I will try my best to add some clips.

One thing to note, and Im not sure if its related...Is that after I went on a test drive I was hearing some vibration...Yikes! But after I had a chance to put the car on a lift saw that my X pipe was slightly touching the brace underneath. I didnt have the vibration and noise before the install.

To remedy this I added some spacers/washers and it raise the clearance a bit. That solved my vibration issue, and now the car is running and sounding amazing. I also spoke to BoostInMotion to see if he had the same issue but he just removed the brace altogether for his, so theres an alternative.

Definitely worth the purchase. I got mine new for $155 and after taxes $165.27 from an ebay seller.

I took some pictures (attached) of the overall process. View attachment 93070 View attachment 93071 View attachment 93072 View attachment 93073 View attachment 93074 View attachment 93075 View attachment 93076 View attachment 93077 View attachment 93078 View attachment 93079
s as

I took some pictures (attached) of the overall process. View attachment 93070 View attachment 93071 View attachment 93072 View attachment 93073 View attachment 93074 View attachment 93075 View attachment 93076 View attachment 93077 View attachment 93078 View attachment 93079
Hey bro what hardware did you use and where can I find it thank you !

Premium Member
2020 Majestic White Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD, 2018 MB AMG E63 Sport Edition One Tuned
OP, did you get a CEL with the lower cats removed ?

One Q50 guy said he got a P0420 DTC on each bank...The only thing(s) I can think of as
a possible causes are: A) Bad O2's (unlikely), B) Exhaust leak, C) Higher/Lower flow
rate detection by the ECU from larger diameter pipes...?

Then I was thinking maybe he should try a non fouler for the 02 sensors...don't know if
that will work though...

Perhaps a Infiniti tech can be of better service here...

Good luck.

Registered
2016, Q50 Red Sport AWD
Great job on the write up, I can't wait to install my Megan LDP, and Fast Intentions Cat-Back Exhaust. I just ordered the FI exhaust system. Once It comes in I'll take some pictures of it before and after, and Try and load a sound clip. Also on a side note, is it me or are birds going out of their way to poop on your freshly washed car. haha

Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
Great job on the write up, I can't wait to install my Megan LDP, and Fast Intentions Cat-Back Exhaust. I just ordered the FI exhaust system. Once It comes in I'll take some pictures of it before and after, and Try and load a sound clip. Also on a side note, is it me or are birds going out of their way to poop on your freshly washed car. haha
If you are going with unresonated LDPs, I hope you got the resonated FI CB?

Reactions: Avedis53

Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
1 - 20 of 35 Posts