Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, hello as this is my first post!

I will try to contribute and help out my new Infiniti family where I can but right now I need a little help to save my sanity!

Ok, so since purchasing my baby (Graphite Shadow/Graphite Hybrid Q50S AWD navi/deluxe tech) I have had my car dropped for service 3 times at 3 separate shops (tint, clear bra, spoiler/lighting) and every time I get my car back, the seats have been adjusted. I asked the second & third shops/dealer and they said they did not set them!

Does my car have gremlins? LoL

Help!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
First off, hello as this is my first post!

I will try to contribute and help out my new Infiniti family where I can but right now I need a little help to save my sanity!

Ok, so since purchasing my baby (Graphite Shadow/Graphite Hybrid Q50S AWD navi/deluxe tech) I have had my car dropped for service 3 times at 3 separate shops (tint, clear bra, spoiler/lighting) and every time I get my car back, the seats have been adjusted. I asked the second & third shops/dealer and they said they did not set them!

Help!
I have a feeling that someone did adjust the seat in order to drive the car. Maybe they meant that they did not change the setting on the door for the seat??? No matter what, as long as your setting hasn't changed, the car should recognize that it is YOU getting in the driver's seat.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
With the tech package, the memory seat doesn't need to be set. It will remember whatever the seat last adjusted. The technicians definitely did adjusted the seat when they drive your car.
Next time, give them the other key fob instead of your usual key fob you use every day.

I asked the second & third shops/dealer and they said they did not set them!

Help!

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the tech package, the memory seat doesn't need to be set. It will remember whatever the seat last adjusted. The technicians definitely did adjusted the seat when they drive your car.
Next time, give them the other key fob instead of your usual key fob you use every day.
Is this a feature we can turn off? No way I am giving them my girlfriends fob, she already warned me how much time it took her to set it just right, I'll never hear the end of it!

I never denied the fact that they moved the seat to work, but they said they never set the memory on the seat and when I hit the "1" setting, it does not return... This is an awful feature.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Upon regular maintenance, the guys had to adjust my seats because they had to do regular diagnostics and to have room to get inside with their equipment to clean the interior.

It was never a big deal for me because my memory settings aren't being changed or anything...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Upon regular maintenance, the guys had to adjust my seats because they had to do regular diagnostics and to have room to get inside with their equipment to clean the interior.

It was never a big deal for me because my memory settings aren't being changed or anything...
This is my point. In my old TL, many times over the life of ownership did I have to drop off my car for service and almost every time the seats were moved...but I could always hit the "1" and my seats would go back to where I had set them day 1.

This is not the case with our cars. It sucks if we cannot disable this...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, forget everything I wrote! Another case of RTFM. I never held the "1" long enough to set it.

Still getting used to Infiniti...didn't help that when I took delivery I had to leave immediately and couldn't go through the settings

·
Registered
585 Posts
Reactions: Hurricane350

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I don't know if you can turn it off since it tied to the key fob.
Another great feature you can learn is create User List (or user profile).
What it does is retain all of your personal setting (memory seat, steering, music, AC, etc..).
This will get you started.
On the lower right corner of the Intouch screen, you see a small icon like a human figure. Touch it and it will bring you to the "User List"
Click add to create one for yourself, wife, dealer or whoever.
When you drop off your car at the dealer, just select "dealer" profile.
When you get your car back, just select your profile.
You can select any profiles from the User List anytime or the Welcome screen when Intouch nearly finish booting.
Mess around with it. Pretty cool feature especially if you have different people driving your car and you don't want to loose ANY of your setting.

Is this a feature we can turn off?.

·
Registered
309 Posts
First off, welcome Hurricane. Congrats on the new Q

A little food for thought from the other side.

As a 6' tall guy who drives many cars on a daily basis I find I have to adjust quiet a few seats a little to safely be able to operate these vehicles around tight parking lots. In a car like this it should fairly straight forward to reset it to a position of your preference but have the mechanic, tinter or whomever being able to safely operate the car should be the top priority.

(I'll do a little more digging on setting procedures and return to this thread in a bit)

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
This is my point. In my old TL, many times over the life of ownership did I have to drop off my car for service and almost every time the seats were moved...but I could always hit the "1" and my seats would go back to where I had set them day 1.

This is not the case with our cars. It sucks if we cannot disable this...
Actually my old TL would remember which key I used to unlock the car and it would move to my preset position depending if its key 1 or key 2.

The settings are saved in the system. You have to program it to change it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know if you can turn it off since it tied to the key fob.
Another great feature you can learn is create User List (or user profile).
What it does is retain all of your personal setting (memory seat, steering, music, AC, etc..).
This will get you started.
On the lower right corner of the Intouch screen, you see a small icon like a human figure. Touch it and it will bring you to the "User List"
Click add to create one for yourself, wife, dealer or whoever.
When you drop off your car at the dealer, just select "dealer" profile.
When you get your car back, just select your profile.
You can select any profiles from the User List anytime or the Welcome screen when Intouch nearly finish booting.
Mess around with it. Pretty cool feature especially if you have different people driving your car and you don't want to loose ANY of your setting.
Thanks InfinitiPlusOne! Yes, profiles is a nice touch! I have started to play around with them but haven't figured out to get the car to start off in ECO mode but that is another thread for another time (after I finish the manual) :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First off, welcome Hurricane. Congrats on the new Q

A little food for thought from the other side.

As a 6' tall guy who drives many cars on a daily basis I find I have to adjust quiet a few seats a little to safely be able to operate these vehicles around tight parking lots. In a car like this it should fairly straight forward to reset it to a position of your preference but have the mechanic, tinter or whomever being able to safely operate the car should be the top priority.

(I'll do a little more digging on setting procedures and return to this thread in a bit)
Thanks for the welcome Steve! But as I stated at the end of page 1, it was all because I never actually set memory seat "1"... After that, whoever can move it wherever they want, it goes back to my setting :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.