Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I posted about this in the main lock up thread. Having seen the notice, I filed a complaint with transportation Canada. That resulted in several conversations, but thus far no action that I am aware of. If others are still suffering from the problem after a dealer "fixes" the issue, I would recommend filing complaints as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
43 Posts
That is the original recall from back in November where Infiniti though it only affected 23 cars total (at least in the US). There has since been ample proof that the recommended fix did not work and several more recalls or TSBs have been issued since then, most recently last Friday I believe. If you're in Canada, where I'm assuming the weather is colder than it is here in Ohio and have not had the issue, consider yourself blessed...and I hope you never experience it :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone in Canada had a fix applied within the last week and experienced an issue again? I'm a prospective buyer and asked a dealer whether they are aware of the issue and have a fix that works and they said they do.

Just want to make sure they're not just saying that to get a sale.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I get my car back on Friday. fingers crossed the fix works. Not sure the work they preformed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone in Canada had a fix applied within the last week and experienced an issue again? I'm a prospective buyer and asked a dealer whether they are aware of the issue and have a fix that works and they said they do.

Just want to make sure they're not just saying that to get a sale.
The very latest is that they claim the last update (released last week) should fix the issue. However, the same claim was made about the previous update. Several members claim to have had their steering modules replaced multiple times, only to have the issue reappear.

I would highly recommend that if you really want a Q50, to take it without DAS, or wait a month or so for more frigid temperatures to test whether the issue has really been fixed.

I have doubts that the dealer knows for sure that the issue is resolved, since the lastest update to resolve the issue was released last week. At best, he is relaying what Infiniti has told him/her.

·
Registered
209 Posts
On certain vehicles equipped with Direct Adaptive Steering (steer-by-wire), cold weather operation could cause the system to malfunction on startup, and delay the engagement of the mechanical backup system. This would result in a loss of steering, which would increase the risk of a crash causing injury and/or damage to property. Correction: Dealers will reprogram the Direct Adaptive Steering module.
cold weather issue. Infiniti should have solved this before selling it to us Canadians

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.