Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VID wouldn't turn off

Last night when I came home, I put my car in park and turned it off and walked out, locked the door. 2 hours later my brother went to take out the trash and noticed a light in my car was on. I got up to check it and I saw this:

Not sure if you can see it well but thats the MID between the meters on the dash and it was still on for two hours and said "No Key Detected". I checked before opening the car that the car was in park, footbrake was down, and it was locked. Sat down inside turned the car on, waited 5 minutes, turned it off and got out and locked it again, and the MID still wouldnt turn off and it said "No Key Detected." Decided to start up the car, take it around the block, came back home and then parked it and it finally went away.

Has this happened to anyone else? Not sure if this is a bug or not.

I also notice that it takes an extremely long time for the weight sensor for my passenger seat to realize no one is sitting in the seat anymore. When I drop off a passenger, it will stay lit on my dash that the passenger is not buckled for 10 minutes before it finally comes off, but that's another issue.

·
Registered
225 Posts
More random bugs. Typical of a first year model. I would document and let your dealer know. I am sure they will get all these bugs worked out with software updates.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
O.K., you've got me. That appears to be the area between the Tach and the odometer that you can program for information, but what does "MID" stand for? I couldn't find it in the Acronym finder. Just curious.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check who all three drivers are set in InTouch? Did your passenger play with InTouch?
No one played with the settings in the inTouch. Seems to be some kind of bug to me.

O.K., you've got me. That appears to be the area between the Tach and the odometer that you can program for information, but what does "MID" stand for? I couldn't find it in the Acronym finder. Just curious.
Sorry about the terminology. In my TL, the middle display was referred to as a MID, so I thought that was a generic term for the display screen between the tach and odometer.

Reactions: Latrant

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the clarification guys.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can a moderator please update the thread title to say VID instead of MID? My mistake.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Aggie. Didn't know I could do that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.