Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
It looks cool.
I was a bit confused until I saw the post below else where.
I thought the 4 was only going to be 2 door. :confused:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
BMW Exec 1: "Hey, you really wanna screw with people."
BMW Exec 2: "You know I do!"
Exec 1: "Lets break up the whole model line so even numbers are coupes and odd numbers are sedans."
Exec 2: "Oh man, that's so good! But you know what would be even better? Once the clients start to get used to the odd / even coupe / sedan set up, lets throw a 4 door "coupe" model in the line up."
Exec 1: "Bro, your a genius!"

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Product dilution...wow!

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Well, realize how well the 6-Series Gran Coupe did. Everyone is loving that car and they're taking the same approach with the 4-series and I like it.

Still, I probably won't be able to afford a $60k BMW anytime soon, but somewhere down the line, I'd like to at least test drive a 428i one of these days.

·
Registered
183 Posts
yea ok but the 6 series GC actually has rivals, CLS, and it offered something visually different than the 5 series.

With the 4 GC beemer now has 3 sedans based on the 3 series. 4 GC, 3 sedan, 3 GT. decisions decisions!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think it is primarily meant to compete against the A5/S5 Sportback which has been available in the European market for a while...I understand Audi will be offering the Sportback with it's next generation of A5/S5 in the US market...BMW just got a head start on things...

Regardless, this is what the 3 series should have looked like from the beginning...

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think it is primarily meant to compete against the A5/S5 Sportback which has been available in the European market for a while...I understand Audi will be offering the Sportback with it's next generation of A5/S5 in the US market...BMW just got a head start on things...

Regardless, this is what the 3 series should have looked like from the beginning...
agreed, but 3 iterations of the same sedan is borderline asinine. walk into the dealer looking for a 3er sedan you now get to choose between three models for one sale.....

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
It's not that weird, c'mon.

You have a sedan, hatchback, and a coupe alternative---which allows three different kinds of consumer preferences satisfied. Why not have them remain offshoots of the same car if that car is based on tried and true engineering processes?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.