Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Vendor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to kick this thread off and let you know that the development for our Q50/Q60 air-to-water heat exchanger is underway!

With the RS400 in our shop for final catch can testing back in March, we evaluated the VR30DDTT's intercooling system and decided to add our own improvements to cooling the charged air. While A2W is a much more efficient means of intercooling, there is still room for improvement on the Q50/Q60

Make sure to keep your eyes peeled on here and the Engineering Blog for more updates to come. And, as always, feel free to shoot over any questions you might have!

-Nick

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to kick this thread off and let you know that the development for our Q50/Q60 air-to-water heat exchanger is underway!

With the RS400 in our shop for final catch can testing back in March, we evaluated the VR30DDTT's intercooling system and decided to add our own improvements to cooling the charged air. While A2W is a much more efficient means of intercooling, there is still room for improvement on the Q50/Q60

Make sure to keep your eyes peeled on here and the Engineering Blog for more updates to come. And, as always, feel free to shoot over any questions you might have!

-Nick
Awesome! I signed up with you guys for R&D too...

·
Registered
453 Posts
in!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm not trying to be a hater, but I hope you guys handle this product launch better than you did the catch can (inadequate amount of stock, not shipping orders FIFO, and a 12 week replenishment cycle).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good points.

For example, I ordered my Mishimoto catch can from MAPerformance on 3/4, and Mishimoto still hasn't shipped it. Mishi told Map 4/15 initially, never shipped it on that date and are now saying 5/15.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Good points.

For example, I ordered my Mishimoto catch can from MAPerformance on 3/4, and Mishimoto still hasn't shipped it. Mishi told Map 4/15 initially, never shipped it on that date and are now saying 5/15.

I may have you beat, :), but there are no winners here. I ordered mine on 2/26, and the estimated ship date is 5/31. I get weekly reminders from Mishimoto. 12 weeks for replenishment is unnecessarily long.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Whats the price point on these? Since there is 3 different companies out there already (Frozen Boost, Burger Tuning and the AMS) with low,mid, and high price ranges.Just wondering where you will fall into these ranges

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm not trying to be a hater, but I hope you guys handle this product launch better than you did the catch can (inadequate amount of stock, not shipping orders FIFO, and a 12 week replenishment cycle).
+1, Plus then over charge us ,just because of the bracket that is made for our cars. There Catch cans are on amazon for less then half of the price. Just charging us 2-3 times more for a bracket. Bad form!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
+2+

I ordered the Mishimotot 3 port can and received a TWO port. It also wasn't complete, missing fittings, etc. I returned it and went another direction. GTR set up. I'll fashion my own mount. $278. For two. Anodized AN fittings.

@Mishimoto. I'll consider your heat exchanger but I hope you realize that there's a problem that your customers are having with order fulfillment?

I've used your parts in the past and don't remember having this many problems or the prices being so high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
At the risk of being booted from the forum for calling a spade a spade...go to NASIOC and see how many people dislike these products. I was one of them. Quality of the materials used and fitment were my main gripes. Shall I tell you what we call mishimoto over there?

I was in on the catch can and one of the first to order because it was the only game in town. My order never came and I was told they ran out.

If you no longer see a post from me, you will know what happened.

·
Vendor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome! I signed up with you guys for R&D too...
Shoot me a PM with your info! We already have a vehicle that we're using for development, but it never hurts to have a backup just in case ;)

:D:D

I may have you beat, :), but there are no winners here. I ordered mine on 2/26, and the estimated ship date is 5/31. I get weekly reminders from Mishimoto. 12 weeks for replenishment is unnecessarily long.
I'm sorry to hear that! Shoot me a PM with your order info and I can forward that directly to our customer service department. This way we can look into what's causing the delay and get a kit out to you ASAP!

Good points.

I'll make sure that we scope out our vendor orders as well!

Whats the price point on these? Since there is 3 different companies out there already (Frozen Boost, Burger Tuning and the AMS) with low,mid, and high price ranges.Just wondering where you will fall into these ranges
That's a great question! Right now it's a little too early to dive into what our pricing will be like since we've only just started on this project, but we do intend on being competitive when it comes to pricing

+2+

@Mishimoto. I'll consider your heat exchanger but I hope you realize that there's a problem that your customers are having with order fulfillment?

I've used your parts in the past and don't remember having this many problems or the prices being so high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes we are fully aware that some customers had some issues when it came to their order fulfillment, but we are doing everything that we can to help those specific customers and prevent similar issues in the future. If you're still having problems, feel free to shoot me a PM or reach out to our customer service department directly.

Now, back on to the heat exchanger! More info is coming, promise! ;) It's been a busy couple months here at Mishimoto, but in the next week or two I'll have our review on the stock system coming out to you guys, as well as a hint of what we have in store.

Thanks guys!

-Nick

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Kinda late in the game. Curious how Mishimoto would position this product on the market given there are already decent ones available with good, if not stellar, feedback from most owners. But I would love to see more options for the consumers nonetheless.

AMS - $799
Visconti - $579
BT (Elite) - $399
BT (regular) - $299
FB 101 - $179
FB 118 - $149

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Kinda late in the game. Curious how Mishimoto would position this product on the market given there are already decent ones available with good, if not stellar, feedback from most owners. But I would love to see more options for the consumers nonetheless.

AMS - $799
Visconti - $579
BT (Elite) - $399
BT (regular) - $299
FB 101 - $179
FB 118 - $149
If their pricing for a XCGR follows suit with the rest of their products, I'd guess they'll be up there with the AMS and Visconti pricing regardless of the comparative quality.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
If their pricing for a XCGR follows suit with the rest of their products, I'd guess they'll be up there with the AMS and Visconti pricing regardless of the comparative quality.
It'd be a tough sell for Mishimoto if that's the case. I remember visconti being on the 700+ range during the first couple of months before slashing down the price.

·
Vendor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to bump this thread up since we've kicked off our Engineering Blog on this product!

Make sure to head over to the blog for the full scoop on the stock heat exchanger, and as always, feel free to shoot me any questions you might have!

-Nick

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

·
Vendor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
73 Posts
We're actually doing our development on an RS400, so yup!

That's because it is ;) We're still in the beginning stages of this project, but we'll have more info on what's to come in the coming weeks!

-Nick
Why are you spending time on this in an already saturated market with top performing products that are already competitively priced? Maybe you should concentrate your efforts on your oil catch can and not anger your current customer base with monthly lead time and a poorly executed initial product offering.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts