Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
302 Posts
Hey @Mishimoto - I see the following on the webpage, “Does not fit with aftermarket blow off valves”.

Any flexibility there or would we need to remove the BOVs completely to utilize the intercoolers?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Perfect example is the Stillen supercharger kit made for the 370z A2W heats soaks easy and makes below average power.. switching to A2A has been proven to make at least 100 more WHP..
I have been logging my IAT and Charge Air temp since it’s heating up out here in the desert.. 103 degrees today reading of 138 IAT degrees and Charge air 129 while idle.. moving temps were 118 and 117

it’s been Proven the A2A setup adds power to our cars..
Again different Setups for different people
while yes the interchiller maybe the way to go for some im all for different setups..
yes, you are correct. it is a perfect example of an undersized unit. your example proved nothing. an undersized A2A unit would have the same problem.

you need to change how you think about intercoolers. A2A vs A2W doesnt "add hp". read it again; A2A doesnt add hp compared to A2W. if you see an increase, its merely because the previous iteration was undersized. it has nothing to do with one being "better" than the other. to think that way shows ignorance. thats especially true when you compare an oem setup to an aftermarket setup on top of failing to account for intended use.

Reactions: Q50Wolf

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hey @Mishimoto - I see the following on the webpage, “Does not fit with aftermarket blow off valves”.

Any flexibility there or would we need to remove the BOVs completely to utilize the intercoolers?
better yet, just remove them completely as they arent doing anything other than making some neat ricer noises that impress the dumbs. at least one tuner has posted tuning logs proving the BOVs dont help. at best, they arent hurting anything. at worst, they have lean/rich flops cause drivability issues.

·
Vendor
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·

The BOVs would need to be removed to fit our intercoolers, unfortunately. In order to achieve our flow rate through the core, our revised end tanks take up much more space in the engine bay which didn't leave any room for BOV adaptors in the cramped engine bay.

-Nick

·
Super Moderator
3,740 Posts
The BOVs would need to be removed to fit our intercoolers, unfortunately. In order to achieve our flow rate through the core, our revised end tanks take up much more space in the engine bay which didn't leave any room for BOV adaptors in the cramped engine bay.

-Nick
Fair enough. So I would suggest including new throttle body & compressor outlet silicone hose couplers with the ICs. The stock ones subjected to heat cycling and age could be ripe for a boost leak, and also a great opportunity to put "Mishimoto" on yet another part of my VR30 ;).

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
302 Posts
better yet, just remove them completely as they arent doing anything other than making some neat ricer noises that impress the dumbs. at least one tuner has posted tuning logs proving the BOVs dont help. at best, they arent hurting anything. at worst, they have lean/rich flops cause drivability issues.
My BOVs don't really make any noises which I like for now, since I have upgraded turbos I wanted to include the BOVs to help the longevity of them - I know it's a conversational topic.

Reactions: Abstract rude

·
Vendor
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Fair enough. So I would suggest including new throttle body & compressor outlet silicone hose couplers with the ICs. The stock ones subjected to heat cycling and age could be ripe for a boost leak, and also a great opportunity to put "Mishimoto" on yet another part of my VR30 ;).
Way ahead of you ;) We're not only providing a fresh new set of coolant lines for these intercoolers, but also a pair of couplers for both sides of each intercooler with our kit. Check out the list of everything we have in the box for you:

-Nick

61 - 71 of 71 Posts