Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I know the Facebook, Pandora, ihear radio apps don't work yet, but do you all have them on your screen? I don't have them at all but I thought I've seen pictures of people, like Aggie who had them.

P.S, the power button on my audio doesn't work, the radio won't shut off. Very annoyed!!!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
You have to go into the App Garage, and you can then create shortcuts to your homescreen on them. Come on man, you gotta own that inTouch system! You gotta go through every single setting and learn all about it :) I was up until 1am going through every single setting to learn and understand it :)

So, I created the shortcuts and put them on my homescreen, but they are still inactive since we don't have the app on our phones yet.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have to go into the App Garage, and you can then create shortcuts to your homescreen on them. Come on man, you gotta own that inTouch system! You gotta go through every single setting and learn all about it :) I was up until 1am going through every single setting to learn and understand it :)

So, I created the shortcuts and put them on my homescreen, but they are still inactive since we don't have the app on our phones yet.
They are not listed in my Apps Garage, it only has the clock, performance, etc. none of the entertainment ones are there.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
They are not listed in my Apps Garage, it only has the clock, performance, etc. none of the entertainment ones are there.
Your dealer must have not updated your system properly. Before I got "the update", none of the apps were listed either. Once I got the update, the apps showed up. That was one of the first things I noticed about the update, other than the improved speed of the update.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Uh oh...update issues? This isn't a good sign.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Ben, there is a section in the settings where it tells you what version of the software you have. I will go check mine real quick, and we can compare software numbers.

Reactions: klimchuk

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Whaaaaaaaaaaat??? Android?

Pretty old version, current is 4.3
Android is simply a Linux-based operating system. You won't see any normal Android user interface. The Android is all behind the scenes, and it is irrelevant that they are using 2.3 instead of the "most current" phone Android version. They have their reasons.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Android is simply a Linux-based operating system. You won't see any normal Android user interface. The Android is all behind the scenes, and it is irrelevant that they are using 2.3 instead of the "most current" phone Android version. They have their reasons.
Sheesh, I thought that you mentioned "android," you were saying that Data, from Star Trek TNG was in the car.:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow. That is surprising there using Android and no wonder ALL Android devices work. Really when you think about it Android is more of an open system that can be installed on the proper hardware. Apple on the other hand is more of a closed system, which now makes sense, since there are certain functionalities of the Iphone that will not work.

There was another member that pointed out possible compatibility in Oct when Apple releases iOS7, and it was geared towards the timing of the new intouch upgrade...don't think so, just coincidence. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
The apps are listed on my car but nothing happens when I press one of them. Your telling me I need an app on my phone to make all this work?
Yes, but that won't be released until the fall...so later this year.

·
Registered
298 Posts
It was probably at 2.3 when they started building on it.
WOW, what a blast from the past! It was 2010 then if I recall correctly.
There are important changes in the core of the system between 2.3 and 4.3.
Including bug, security fixes or something like:

Smoother user interface:
  • Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework, including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh
  • Triple buffering in the graphics pipeline

Source: Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow. That is surprising [they're] using Android and no wonder ALL Android devices work. Really when you think about it Android is more of an open system that can be installed on the proper hardware. Apple on the other hand is more of a closed system, which now makes sense, since there are certain functionalities of the Iphone that will not work.
It makes perfect sense they are using Andriod. It's solid, light weight, made for touch devices like phones and open source. Makes it easier for app authors.

Starting with 2.3 Gingerbred is surprising and disappointing given this is basically a brand new tablet device in your car. Would you buy a tablet for home running 2.3? Maybe if it cost like $50 and had good video, but not worth the trouble when I can buy a $230 tablet with 4.3. So a $50,000 car with 2.3 ...:confused:

There's no telling what the Q APPs are going to be or going to run like. The web browser is going to be 2.3 Webkit quality, not Chrome. The current UI looks nice. Actually 2.3 is very capable. But I think I'm waiting until October to see what I really get.

Looking at Lexus Enform I think their APPS are sucky, crude and they want $260/year ($22/mo) after the first year. They can KMA, can buy a tablet and tether to my phone for same cost or less. I think Acura's new system has also not been reviewed well.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.