Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of using the site to "build my new Q50", I found out officially today that you cannot build a Sport with a Wheat interior, even though you can "virtually" build it on the website. I have been waiting patiently for dealers in SoCal and AZ to get one. The Malbec and Wheat that a dealer has coming is not a Sport, much to my disappointment.
I guess I'll have to take some of the blame for this, but Infiniti and its website have led me astray.
I changed my choice today to Hybrid Sport in Graphite Shadow/Stone and these are as rare as hen's teeth - one in Arkansas and one heading to Colorado. Not crazy about Stone, but can't deal with the Graphite in the Southwest.:mad:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I thought I wanted wheat as well.

However, having seen it in person I think:

1. Its too yellow.

2. They do not change the B pillar fabric cover color nor the headliner to Wheat. They remain Stone. Makes it look very odd. B pillar cover in stone goes to the 'beltline' of the interior.

3. I can live with Stone as an interior (and it matches the default headliner and b pillar cover).

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I was worried about the stone headliner not matching the wheat interior as well, but its not bad. The headliner itself is not completely stone either - almost a blend between stone and wheat colors, which I suspect they did on purpose. I have the wheat and it looks fine to my eyes. I first considered the stone, but my wife complained it makes the interior look a little boring. So picked wheat. I like it. No way I was getting black though. Not in Houston

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I was worried about the stone headliner not matching the wheat interior as well, but its not bad. The headliner itself is not completely stone either - almost a blend between stone and wheat colors, which I suspect they did on purpose. I have the wheat and it looks fine to my eyes. I first considered the stone, but my wife complained it makes the interior look a little boring. So picked wheat. I like it. No way I was getting black though. Not in Houston
It's funny, I had stone in my G37 and swore that I'd never get the Graphite because I hate black leather seats but when it turned out I'd have to wait months to get my configuration in the stone, I switched to black. I gotta say, I really like it with the Moonlight White car. And now I no longer have to worry about blue jean transfer on the leather and stains on the light carpet!!!!!!!!!

Ohhh and my dealership did a test and black leather only increases the heat in your car by less than one degree more than other colors. So having window tinting would offset that.

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Black does look nice with a lot of exterior colors, but it's too **** hot in AZ! Also, black closes in the interior to me, doesn't seem as spacious.
I agree, Stone is a little boring, but I have no choice.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Nissan really are slackers when it comes to putting colors together....

Why is the headliner in the new Q STILL wheat colored?

If your whole interior is black, who's the genius that approves the light colored headliner?

You can get a black headliner in the M....but not the Q?

I swear...some folks over at Nissan really do things backasswards.

I mean, the whole car has LED's....but you leave the license plate and reverse lights as halogen bulbs? Cheap fools.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Studies have shown that dark headliners lead to a feeling of claustrophobia. Most cars have light a pillars and headliners due to this.

Can't excuse the incandescent rear turn signals though, that stinks of bean counters.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Black does look nice with a lot of exterior colors, but it's too **** hot in AZ! Also, black closes in the interior to me, doesn't seem as spacious.
I agree, Stone is a little boring, but I have no choice.
Nah, don't worry about the heat.

I think it might be more than a little perception based when it comes to how much warmer say, a Black car with black seats is compared to a White car with Stone/white seats. I think when you're in Arizona (like us), it's not really going to make that big of a difference. :p We all tint the heck out of our cars anyway and we almost always have the interiors protected with sun protectors.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah, don't worry about the heat.

I think it might be more than a little perception based when it comes to how much warmer say, a Black car with black seats is compared to a White car with Stone/white seats. I think when you're in Arizona (like us), it's not really going to make that big of a difference. :p We all tint the heck out of our cars anyway and we almost always have the interiors protected with sun protectors.

I've lived in AZ for 17 years. Black may not be much hotter, but it seems hotter to me - and more confining. And yes, I tint and use Eclipse Sunshades on all my cars.:)

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Ultimately, due to surface area, a black car will soak up more heat than a white car, regardless of the interior color. White and silver reflect, black absorbs. That's why solar panels are black.
Yeah yeah sure we know this, but I think what I'm getting at is how negligible is that additional heat as it is experienced by the driver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.