Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all:

Anyone that currently has a G37 or M37, I would like to get your opinion if you drove the hybrid sport.

A couple things that immediately bothered me. It seems when I pressed on the gas, it took a while for the battery to "torque up" and go.

2nd, the brakes seem really soft vs my M37Sport. They are supposed to be the same brakes, but im guessing something is strange because its an hybrid. Seems like its squishy (hard to describe) vs the regular sport HARD STOPS. Reminds me of the GLK mercedes braking..softer etc.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Did u set your drive mode to sport?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
You must not have read the reviews on this forum or on Hybrids in general. It has regenerative breaking which actually charges the battery and yes, many people find it odd and describe it as "squishy." I never drove the Hybrid because the added expense can't be recouped during a short lease and because I wanted the larger trunk.

Reactions: klimchuk

·
Registered
276 Posts
The tack moves. Or in the car I drove it did. The battery tack didn't stay in one spot. (Much like your overheat tack does stay in place) it moves. Anyone with the hybrid confirm this?
I have test driven the hybrid twice. There is a gauge that has a needle that moves between electric and gas. This isn't the battery gauge - it shows where your power is coming from - electric or gas so it should move a lot.

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
On the automatic stick in the D position, did you push it to the left to be on manual shift mode? Try that if you haven't. it should give you a nice kick on acceleration. If the hybrid is charge up for acceleration, watch out :)
As for the brake, it felt fine to me. I don't see any different from other car I have driven and the Q50 S brake is massive and awesome, at least to me.
Not sure what you meant by squishy. Try to test drive a non-hybrid sport version and compare it to the hybrid sport and see if you can feel a different.

Hey all:
A couple things that immediately bothered me. It seems when I pressed on the gas, it took a while for the battery to "torque up" and go.

2nd, the brakes seem really soft vs my M37Sport. They are supposed to be the same brakes, but im guessing something is strange because its an hybrid. Seems like its squishy (hard to describe) vs the regular sport HARD STOPS. Reminds me of the GLK mercedes braking..softer etc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hmmm, has anyone tried messing around with the paddles in their Q50S Hybrid?
I've only had the car since yesterday afternoon, so only used them a few times. I've been very happy with how they work so far. Very quick response. I also like how it will swap back from manual shift mode to automatic by itself after a few seconds.

I'm coming from a g37 coupe and very happy with the performance of the Q50S Hybrid so far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.