Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got my Mark 2. Looking forward to the install. Can't say I've had a stereo give me the white glove treatment before ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Looking forward to your installation pictures and review.

·
Registered
534 Posts
New thread though? :)

Do you already have the stock NAV? I'm curious whether this system can use the stock GPS and SXM antenna.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok, so its installed and up and running. Took about an hour and a half to install from start to finish. I would not suggest this for someone with no technical ability unless you really go over the install videos. There are plenty of places where you can screw stuff up. Fitment was good and everything lined up and clipped back together. I thought it was a great idea that they put a screen protector on the display instead of those stupid peel off things on most screens that can't stay there.

Install notes:

-I connected everything to the back of the display per the video online and then selectively disconnected each cable to run it to the steering wheel or center console and plugged it back in so I didn't get confused where stuff had to go.

-There is a green factory connector on the bottom screen that doesn't look like it fits into the back of the Tesla....IT DOES and is probably your power cable in I believe. Make sure you get it plugged in. It's a single open spot on the back of the Tesla opposite the GPS connector all by itself.

-You'll have to run most of the cables (GPS, AUX, USB's) behind the 2 in-dash boxes that attach to the new bracketry. You cannot run them in front between them and the Tesla, there just isn't the room. The best place to run all these cables is to the right of the shifter as there is a nice trough to slide the cables into, then to the left past the shifter so its next to the cup holders.

-When replacing the bracketry, I elected to leave 1 side of the factory brackets attached so it kept the 2 boxes together and the holes would all line up. The bottom tabs of the bracket had to be bent to get the right angle so the screw/tabs would line up. Not a big deal, just something to note.

Settings-

-Powering up the unit and getting stuff turned on was easy. The most frustrating part was getting the settings right. My advanced settings code was NOT 666888 per the videos. I found another video online by "Espony Cargo" where the code was 8861 which did the trick.

-For regular old radio, bluetooth audio, phone calls.....USE IN TOUCH. It's by far the cleanest/easiest to navigate. I know power amp and all that stuff is pushed over the "Music Player", but none of the videos showed that you still have In Touch for media too. This works just like stock and is the cleanest and quickest.

-BLUETOOTH DOES WORK FOR PHONE CALLS AND AUDIO.

-You can control volume with either the steering wheel control OR the center console rotary dial/switch so you still have a physical button and not stuck with the soft keys.

-My backup camera did not work on power up. Two settings had to be changed. First, you need to change the camera to aftermarket from the settings. Second, you need to turn ON brake detect. Why this isn't set to "ON" front the factory is beyond me lol.

-Carwebguru was ok, nothing great to me so I've stayed with the stock stuff.

Overall impressions-

It looks AMAZING in the dash and will be complete once the software is updated to allow full bluetooth control so we can mimic JB4/Ecutek. Moving between apps is not lightning quick like a phone so that should be understood/expected. Playstore acts like normal for a tablet. Chrome worked well and I was able to play a youtube video straight from chrome without a problem. You do need to turn on the music player and set the In Touch to Aux to get audio from youtube/chrome/Music Player, but In Touch is so easy for the radio and bluetooth audio that I'll just stick to that. Navigation through Google Maps was fine and the GPS picked up my location without an issue. There is an installation PDF and FAQ on the Infiinti Q50/60 audio video facebook group. I tried uploading them here but the site says it can only be 20Kb each so thats not happening. I think it will take me a bit to get used to going through everything like all new stereos, but so far I am pleased. $550 for a real functioning center console/display with split screen and nav in motion is good. Continued updates will only make it better. I will report back when I've spent a few weeks using it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just out of curiosity. I know the fast boot is essentially a “Save State” like sleep mode. If you have the console(Native Infiniti apps) open on say Radio, does it come back to radio when you turn the car back on? Or does it go back to the main menu like in the stock in-touch.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just out of curiosity. I know the fast boot is essentially a “Save State” like sleep mode. If you have the console(Native Infiniti apps) open on say Radio, does it come back to radio when you turn the car back on? Or does it go back to the main menu like in the stock in-touch.
I believe it goes back to whatever you had open but haven't paid much attention.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe it goes back to whatever you had open but haven't paid much attention.
Interesting, that is one of the most annoying things with the current in-touch system. Annoying to switch back every time I turn on the car. This would make this setup more compelling.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can we see an installed pic? Ive never seen this before.. /forum/images/InfinitiQ50_org/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
see attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
see attached.

Looks good. So what doesn't work now that previously did (on stock)? Any quirk you have observed so far?
I havent really kept you with the Facebook group and they seem to be on top of SW updates to improve functionality. Bluetooth is still best using the in touch app of the Tesla screen. I need to see if the button mapping was improved with the SW update. Also waiting for the Bluetooth SW to allow jb4/ecutek gauges to mirror.

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
If that ever gets to the stage of refinement where everything works and there are no compromises, I'll be a buyer.

·
Registered
360 Posts
If that ever gets to the stage of refinement where everything works and there are no compromises, I'll be a buyer.
Here's the thing about these guys tho.

They've done this before. Everyone that bought the V1 got buggy units. Some were even used. If you say something about it, they (the one guy that runs the company) will just boot you from Facebook, which is the ONLY way they communicate.

One time I saw a customer complain about getting sent a used unit, and the Pheonix guy literally doxed him on facebook. That was enough for me to realize what kind of "company" this guy is.

Anyways, everybody that bought the V1 got junk. "They" promised to fix everything with updates.

So what really happened?

They launched a "V2" instead, and the V1 people are just outta luck.

plus the bottom buttons are ugly as ****. They match nothing! They're just off-the-shelf chinese electronics buttons. Ew.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's the thing about these guys tho.

They've done this before. Everyone that bought the V1 got buggy units. Some were even used. If you say something about it, they (the one guy that runs the company) will just boot you from Facebook, which is the ONLY way they communicate.

One time I saw a customer complain about getting sent a used unit, and the Pheonix guy literally doxed him on facebook. That was enough for me to realize what kind of "company" this guy is.

Anyways, everybody that bought the V1 got junk. "They" promised to fix everything with updates.

So what really happened?

They launched a "V2" instead, and the V1 people are just outta luck.

plus the bottom buttons are ugly as ****. They match nothing! They're just off-the-shelf chinese electronics buttons. Ew.
Lot of misinformation here....

-I've talked to the company directly numerous times, actually swapped my unit out as I wanted a later version with updated software....no cost to me.
-I've stated issues on the FB group and never was booted.
-People who bought the original were offered an exchange program.
-The buttons were changed for V2 which look much more factory.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Lot of misinformation here....

-I've talked to the company directly numerous times, actually swapped my unit out as I wanted a later version with updated software....no cost to me.
-I've stated issues on the FB group and never was booted.
-People who bought the original were offered an exchange program.
-The buttons were changed for V2 which look much more factory.
No bias I'm sure

looks much more factory
What factory? They look like the button on my Ninja Blender.

However, I am willing to be wrong when I am. Maybe I just had a bad experience.

On yours, do all the drive modes still work correctly? And you say InTouch is fully (lol) functional?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No bias I'm sure

What factory? They look like the button on my Ninja Blender.

However, I am willing to be wrong when I am. Maybe I just had a bad experience.

On yours, do all the drive modes still work correctly? And you say InTouch is fully (lol) functional?
I don't have a problem being biased as shown by my multiple install thread on this site and others. All drive modes work for me and I haven't had any issues with In Touch....and use it exclusively for bluetooth.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't have a problem being biased as shown by my multiple install thread on this site and others. All drive modes work for me and I haven't had any issues with In Touch....and use it exclusively for bluetooth.
Alright then, I appreciate that. Do all the Bose features still work for you?

Question 2, where did you buy yours from? Maybe the place I saw wasn't even an official retailer...also if you get any sort of affiliate links or attaboys, I will gladly give you the referral too

1 - 20 of 56 Posts