Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50S Silver Sport
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christopher,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Infiniti is happy with any Mobil 0W-20 meeting the current ILSAC and API specs. The Mobil Super products and several from the Mobil 1 line will meet these criteria. Even if your engine is turbocharged or direct injection all of this is taken into consideration when the oil is being produced/engineered to meet current specs for your 2018 Q50.

Our Mobil Super Synthetic oil does cover you for 7,500 miles or 6 months, and our Mobil Super High Mileage will cover you for 5,000 miles or 6 months. On our Mobil Super limited warranty, it states "The Mobil Super™ Synthetic limited warranty is valid for 7,500 miles or your vehicle’s OEM recommended oil change interval, whichever is longer." So if Infiniti requests a change interval of 10,000 miles we can back that up. Given the oil will still have to be changed within 6 months from the last oil change to stay in warranty.
Link: Mobil super engine guarantee, mobil super warranty, warranty, mobile super oil warranty, warranty on using Mobil super, limited warranty

Thank you for choosing Mobil,
Marcos
Mobil Help Desk Team

If I can help further with this inquiry or with any other questions, please respond to this email or phone us 1-800-ASK-Mobil

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am a chemist and know a tad more about oils than the average bear.

Running such a thin oil, even if it IS a good base stock such as Mobil1, in a turboed car, (especially one without a turbo timer) is just asking for trouble with the turbos.
I suspect corporate CAFE playing a role here (since EPA mpg testing favors the thinner oils)

If I buy one of these cars it will be filled a 5w-40 (or a 0w-40 as the thinnest), this is an improvement at no cost to me.
My current Nissan VQ is "recommended" in USA as 5w-30 and in Europe the dealer puts in a 5w-40 as "better" for year around.
In more tropical countries service advisers use 20w-50 in summer (and it gets just as hot in the US desert southwest in the summer)

The obesssion in recent years with thinness has nothting to do with 'new engines are tight and so need thinner oils for startup flow"... its about Cafe.
I in the 90s I had a VQ with the VR6 engine (this engine ran hot oil almost like a turbo) and they filled 15w-40 as winter oil and 20w-50 as summer oil

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Christopher,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Infiniti is happy with any Mobil 0W-20 meeting the current ILSAC and API specs. The Mobil Super products and several from the Mobil 1 line will meet these criteria. Even if your engine is turbocharged or direct injection all of this is taken into consideration when the oil is being produced/engineered to meet current specs for your 2018 Q50.

Our Mobil Super Synthetic oil does cover you for 7,500 miles or 6 months, and our Mobil Super High Mileage will cover you for 5,000 miles or 6 months. On our Mobil Super limited warranty, it states "The Mobil Super™ Synthetic limited warranty is valid for 7,500 miles or your vehicle’s OEM recommended oil change interval, whichever is longer." So if Infiniti requests a change interval of 10,000 miles we can back that up. Given the oil will still have to be changed within 6 months from the last oil change to stay in warranty.
Link: Mobil super engine guarantee, mobil super warranty, warranty, mobile super oil warranty, warranty on using Mobil super, limited warranty

Thank you for choosing Mobil,
Marcos
Mobil Help Desk Team

If I can help further with this inquiry or with any other questions, please respond to this email or phone us 1-800-ASK-Mobil
I must've missed this post a while back, but it helps with some of the questions I have. I've noticed that my dealership uses the Mobile Super Synthetic product instead of the better product Mobil 1. I prefer to use top spec motor oils just because I feel the cost isn't that big of a deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts